Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 604

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 604

Neofriends.net • View topic - [CLOSED] Problem Solved

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLOSED] Problem Solved
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 am 
.: Evil Moderator :.

Highscores: 2
Cash:3288
Reputation point: 573
Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!

Content Giveaway Donor Award Graphics Trader Winner Award

See last post for the latest information

Quote:
Error:
If the explanation below is not enough, there is more help with this error here.

Invalid words or disallowed property names found in your style tags.

position

I'm trying to modify my userlook-up to update some things. However it won't let me and gives me that error.

I clicked the "here" and this is what it said:

Quote:
The Explanation

First, some sample code that would cause the error is presented, then the actual error message that is generated is shown, and finally an explanation in greater detail of what the error message means is given.

SAMPLE CODE SUBMITTED

<font family="verdana">
Hi
</font>

Please visit the Gallery of World Domination!

<a href="http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?owner=betatester" onMouseOver=submit()>

<font face=verdana helvetica arial>

rawr

</font>

<a/>

ERROR : Invalid words, disallowed words or words that should have quotes but do not were found inside your HTML tags.

Problem words and estimated problem area.

0.) family

* <font family="verdana">

1.) -disallowed_word-over

* <a href="http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?owner=betatester" -disallowed_word-Over=submit()>

2.) submit()

* <a href="http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?owner=betatester" -disallowed_word-Over=submit()>

3.) verdana

* <font face=verdana helvetica arial>

4.) helvetica

5.) arial

6.) a/

* <a/>

WHAT IT MEANS

Words that the HTML Filter does not recognise will generate an error message.

0.) The word 'family' was caught because it is not a recognised word. (The actual correct HTML is <font face="verdana"> and the correct style syntax is font-family:verdana).

Since family is not valid HTML word, it does not make it past the Filter. This goes for all words that the Filter does not recognise.

1. & 2.) The -disallowed_word-over is there because the possibley harmful code onMouseOver() was stripped out.

In those cases, remove the word or words that were stripped out along with whatever words are connected with it. (In the example's case, you would also remove submit()).

3. & 4. & 5.)The list of font faces — verdana, helvetica, and arial — is an error because the list should be enclosed in quotes. It should be "verdana helvetica arial".

Words that come after the = sign usually should be in quotes. So if a word is blocked by the Filter and it comes after an = sign, try putting it inside of quotes and see how the layout looks. If it passes the filter and the layout looks right, it worked!

So, for example, you might have, align=justify, which gets blocked. Try align="justify".

6.) The a/ appears as an error because it is not a recognised HTML word.

The letter a is recognised as a valid HTML word, but the / after it makes it invalid.

In the case of the sample code, it should be written as </a>.

Some of them look easy enough to fix... however, I'm not sure as my coding is poor. I used frontpage to do it originally I think but apparently TNT have become more strict on coding...

Can someone please explain how to fix this? And yes, it i urgent.

Last edited by Junior on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Urgent Assistance Required with coding
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 am 
.: Level IV :.

Highscores: 1
Cash:99
Reputation point: 187
Richy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud ofRichy has much to be proud of

Giveaway Donor Award Trader Winner Award

PM'ing you for more information @.@

Post subject: Re: Urgent Assistance Required with coding
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm 
.: Evil Moderator :.

Highscores: 2
Cash:3288
Reputation point: 573
Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!Junior has a reputation beyond repute!

Content Giveaway Donor Award Graphics Trader Winner Award

Thankyou Richy - Based on the PM I will try to fix it myself. If I have any trouble I'll PM you the further information you asked for. thanks!

Haha.. PM'd re further problems.

Not sure why this got moved to programming chat... Oh well close enough :P

EDIT again: looking at the first error message.. the word position is the banned word. Everything else is okay..

IS there anything I can replace position with when used in this context?

Code:
#menu {position: absolute; left:98px; width:878px; top:315px; text-align:center;}

Last bumped by Junior on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]