Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 604

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 604

Neofriends.net • View topic - [VB.net] An Offline Program?

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: [VB.net] An Offline Program?
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:52 pm 
.: Level III :.

Cash:90
Reputation point: 34
singapore has a spectacular aura about themsingapore has a spectacular aura about them

Giveaway Donor Award Trader Winner Award

Hello all..

so, i just recently started out on VB:)..therefore i REALLY know absolutely NOTHING about VB for now..but i hope with the guidance of all the great programmers here, i can at least make a decent program using VB:D..

(PS: The program that i wanna create ultimately is for offline use only..at least for now it will be:))

so, I am currently having this problem..

I wanna include a list of programs to open after i login to my system and I the problem now is that i do not know how to cre8 a button that have the "browse your computer" function..

after selecting the programs that I want, I would prefer them to be shown in a box and with another button to save the list..

i hope my xplanation is clear enough..

many thanks in advance:)..

Credits to whoever that have mentioned all these links.

Secret Lab Maps Price Guides Link - http://sunnyneo.com/lab_map_prices.php
Find your Music from TV & Movies Site - http://www.tunefind.com/
Cross-Painted Pets Directory - http://www.neopets.com/~ColtzanIII

Post subject: Re: [VB.net] An Offline Program?
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:01 pm 
.: Admin :.

Highscores: 2
Cash:3715
Reputation point: 454
tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!

Content Giveaway Donor Award Graphics Trader Winner Award

singapore wrote:
Hello all..

so, i just recently started out on VB:)..therefore i REALLY know absolutely NOTHING about VB for now..but i hope with the guidance of all the great programmers here, i can at least make a decent program using VB:D..

(PS: The program that i wanna create ultimately is for offline use only..at least for now it will be:))

so, I am currently having this problem..

I wanna include a list of programs to open after i login to my system and I the problem now is that i do not know how to cre8 a button that have the "browse your computer" function..

after selecting the programs that I want, I would prefer them to be shown in a box and with another button to save the list..

i hope my xplanation is clear enough..

many thanks in advance:)..

I don't really understand...
Maybe a little MSPaint drawing to give a general idea ?

My Programs:
Attic Buyer|Power Feeder|Accounts Manager|Accounts Checker|Igloo Melter|Maps USAB|Auto Pricer
Tyranu-Evavu Player|Auto-Adopter|Account Age Checker|Grarrl Keno Player|Lever Of Doom Puller
Dice-A-Roo Player|National Neopian Autoplayer|AB Lists Manager|Dar-BLAT!!! Player
The Buzzer Game Player|Dice Escape Player|Zurroball Player

Last 2 trades (of 80):
Sold items to Blessed: Thanks for the trade !
Sold items to supracharger: Thanks for the trade !

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:36 pm 

singapore has a spectacular aura about themsingapore has a spectacular aura about them

Here goes:)..

feel free to post/pm me any other things that u do not understand from my explanation:)..

Attachments:
File comment: Basic Detail of the program that i am trying to complete:)..
After Clicking Login.doc [30.5 KiB]
Downloaded 36 times

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm 

tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!tharoux has a reputation beyond repute!

ok, seem clear. One last question, why so many edit button ?
if you have a list, you can manage everything from there.

But back on the initial request...
If you still need a "browse" window function, lemme know, I've got one.

My Programs:
Attic Buyer|Power Feeder|Accounts Manager|Accounts Checker|Igloo Melter|Maps USAB|Auto Pricer
Tyranu-Evavu Player|Auto-Adopter|Account Age Checker|Grarrl Keno Player|Lever Of Doom Puller
Dice-A-Roo Player|National Neopian Autoplayer|AB Lists Manager|Dar-BLAT!!! Player

Last 2 trades (of 80):

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 am 

coz they are all of different settings.

for example the 1st should be "Firefox","Windows Media Player","Game"

the 2nd can be "Chrome","VLC player","Game 2"

tats the reason for multiple edit buttons:)..

yeah i need the code for the browse button..preferably with comments too so that i know what is going on:p..

thanks in advance Thar.

will be PMing u with further questions regarding this since u already know about it:D..haha

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:00 pm 

Like I said, you don't need so many edit. Just use a listbox and you can than easily manage what you need.
You'll even be able to say witch program to open first, easily remove one and save the list quite easily.

And here's the code :
Code:
Private Sub cmdILoad_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdILoad.Click
        Dim OpenFileDialog1 As New OpenFileDialog() 'Declare the new FileDialog
        OpenFileDialog1.InitialDirectory = System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory() 'Put the initial directory where the program is
        OpenFileDialog1.Filter = "All files (*.*)|*.*|Text files (*.exe)|*.exe" 'Filter all the file for EXE only
        OpenFileDialog1.FilterIndex = 2
        OpenFileDialog1.RestoreDirectory = True
        If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() = System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then 'If the user choose a file, will proceed
            'OpenFileDialog1.FileName.ToString    'Using this line, it will return the complete path where the file is. Use this path after to run the program.
        End If
    End Sub

My Programs:

Last 2 trades (of 80):