1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alone1, Nov 9, 2006.

?

should it be allowed everywhere?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutrality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alone1

alone1 Level II

Discuss.

This debate will be heavily moderated. If you are caught bashing the gay community, or forcing religious veiws on anyone, you will be punished. Please keep this clean/

2. test123

test123 Level IV

hey

i voted yes because they are just the same as anybody else

3. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Yep

I vote no because it goes against nature. There's a reason why you need both a male & female to reproduce. If everyone was homosexual, the population would die out. That's not a good thing in my view.

4. alone1

alone1 Level II

but think about this in a logical P.O.V; Not ever IS homosexual and not everyone will be. So why not let the ones who are get married, it does not hurt anyone.

5. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Explanation

Because marriage is a sacred bond between a male & female. I don't believe in breaking that bond.

6. alone1

alone1 Level II

thing is, marrage has becom somethign that is not realted to religion, and yes, you are getting that sacred bond thing FROM religion. Marage is now something controled by the state and NOT the church. I highly doubt that alot of people want that bond kept, they just want no gay marrages in hope we go away, I am not sayingg you are one of those people.

7. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Amazing, No?

Yes, I get it from religion as I'm a religious person. I believe marriage should be kept with religion aswell. Everyone is always trying to push God out of the picture. I don't want that to happen.

8. alone1

alone1 Level II

I am relugious also but I am not one of those "God is supposed to be in you, i am going to force him upon you" type people. Marrage is not always about god, I am assuming you are christian, so are you saying that marrage in other religions that have no god are wrong and should not happen? I don't think that anyone would like to hear that seeing it is a false statment. this is just what your post sounded like.

9. boomm

boomm Level IV

I voted yes because gays are human beings like every other person.

10. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Whew...

Yes, I am a Christian. I believe marriage has everything to do with God too. Following my faith, I view other religions that do not worship Jesus Christ as false. I won't judge anyone on their religion though because that's not up to me. As for it being a false statement, you are entitled to your opinion. No one has been able to prove or disprove the existence of God. Therefore, all statements are based on opinion and not facts.

11. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

I voted no cause of my believe as a Christian, that marriage should only happen between men and women.

12. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I voted yes, because I think everyone must be able to marry with everyone they want

13. hitman9889

hitman9889 Level II

I voted yes because, despite being raised Roman Catholic, I believe that a person should be able to marry whoever they want, so long as they love them.

Of course gay marriages won't be sanctioned by the church, but nobody is asking for that. As alone1 pointed out, the state sanctions the marriage, so the church is in no way involved with that process.

14. alone1

alone1 Level II

thank you for pointing it out. I also would like to point out that denying a marrage to a gay couple is like denying entrance to a store for black people.

Also, being a chrisitan I find myself fighting personal battles and yes, I can speak for alot of gay people I know going through the same thing and they are also worried that they will not be able to declare that they love eachother so much, that they are not allowed to be married.

It is selfish, ok? Why not let us get married? It's not like we are breaking some secret code. As a marrage is now recognized only by a certificate by the government, the church has nothing to do with it.

15. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Wow...

It doesn't matter. Marriage has had alot of religious influence. Just because the church no longer deals with marriage, doesn't mean people feel differently about the matter. If you believe in your religion, your views won't change just because the world did.

You can't use those two for comparison. Saying it's wrong for gays to marry is usually influenced by religion. Denying a person of different color entry to your store is racism.

16. alone1

alone1 Level II

So then we are in aggreance that my comparison is closly related.

17. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Tired

I'll be honest. I don't agree with alot of things you've said in this thread. Though that's the beauty of free will. I'm not going to pass judgement on anyone. It's not my place. I'm just expressing my beliefs on the matter and nothing more.

18. thedup

thedup Level IV

I say no because I feel that marriage is a significant step in relationship between a man and a woman, and otherwise is just slightly false. They can still be in couples that live together forever but I oppose the idea of being allowed to partake in such an event

19. alone1

alone1 Level II

so what you are saying is that, straight couples have the capacity to have true love and that the love of a gay person for another gay person is not even close to true love? Nice way of putting it.

20. tipsy3226

tipsy3226 Newbie

THIS IS A MUST READ

Please re-orginize your thoughts in a nice way, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.