1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World End in 2009 or Not ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by FastBullet, Jan 8, 2008.

1. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Hmmm...i've been very confused lately but i guess all of you know the urban myths about Apocalypse and the meteor -->
    I was reading on the Apocalypse...and the Mayan Calender said that the 13th Baktun is ending in 2009...resulting in an Apocalypse.

2. bunnah

bunnah Level III

i thought it was 2011 or something...

3. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

EDITED :
    It's actually 2008 but i don't wanna scare you guys

4. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

My father in law is absolutely convinced that the mayan calender is 12 years off, ans the apocalypse that was supposed to happen in 2000 will happen in 2012. Come to think of it Ive heard it was 2012 from quite a few people in the past. It will happen when it happens I suppose :)

5. Virre

Virre Level IV

21st Dec 2012 I belive it was. But it is only written that this age will end here, it's not written in exact words that there shall be an apocalypse of any sort. Man will enter a new age. What this mean, no one can be sure of. Some think it's Planet X (Niburu) that Panda was talking about earlier, and that it will come close to earth again, causing floods and earthquakes and just plain destruction. They say that this should start in the fall of 2009, and continue until 2012.
    Others belive that the end of this age for us will mean that we are to evolve as a species, or learn some important fact of the universe.
    And others (like me) don't really belive that anything will happen. Although I would love it if something happened.

6. sammi

sammi Level II

Well, it will happen in 21st december 2012, like virre said, but, i'm sure i read somewhere, that you will start seeying a 'red dot 'in the sky, in 2009, which is a planet( or meteor )

7. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

I don't believe this stuff. Yes the Mayans were very smart and correct on many things, when they were alive, but no one knows when the world is going to end or how it is. That is my opinion.

8. sammi

sammi Level II

I agree with you here, i totally doubt to that it will happen, even though deep inside me i wish for it to happen. But, aleast, there is one thing, we will see some sort of sign ( in this case something red in the sky ) in 2009, 3 years before everything happens, if its true.

So, atlast we dont have to speculate till 2012 20st december till it actually happens or so, since we'll probably know in 2009, or not, and this is just a big fad :p

9. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

I hate thinking about this, it makes me really scared.

But, I don't think anything will happen. Since I am very into religion, I believe only god knows when the world will end. But that is just me :]

10. lnconcise

lnconcise Level III

but that's what they said 2 years ago about june 6th 2006

nothing really happened.

11. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

It's in the bible. Only God knows when, we discussed it in religion yesterday. Not even Jesus knew when he would be returning to Earth.

12. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Well said, my brother!

I don't believe that the Myans know, since they are a totally different religion.

13. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

The Mayans were only good at predicting things using their calendars. Some of the things they predicted were very accurate and some didn't even come close to happening. This is one of those things I don't see coming true. But that's just me.

14. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

Also, nostradomus. He predicted all of this, and he had a simply amazing mind. But I just dont see it becoming reality.

15. sammi

sammi Level II

That one hasn't really been backed-up by to many 'facts' though, heck, about this apocalypse they even made a book full with facts and reasons why it will come and such.

16. lnconcise

lnconcise Level III

I don't believe in the acopolypse, but it is possible that an environmental disaster, or a series of, will occur.

17. FastFoxxy

FastFoxxy Newbie

I seriously think that the world end is not going to be in 2009.Is to soon in 2009 maybe it will be later but nobody knows for sure..

18. Kadfishy

Kadfishy Newbie

I don't think it will in 2009 not sure though.

19. Mat2dong

Mat2dong Level I

If God wants it to happen, it will :)

Ether way I am ready to die and live with it.

What about you guys?

20. roboz

roboz Level I

If any nation with nuclear bombs wants to end it, then yes.