1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A newbies guide to BD types

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by CoS, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CoS

CoS Level IV

There are many different types of battle pets and in this guide i aim to explain each of them!!

1. Normal/league

This sort of pet generally has relatively equal stats (around the same strength and defence boost!
    They are sorted into leagues based upon there hp strength and defence. Your pets league can be worked out here... http://www.neopianwarcouncil.net/calculator/

examples:
    please mail me for pets to add here for examples :)

2. Tank

A tank pet is generally defined as a pet that has low strength and much higher defence and hp! These pets usually fight in boost battles (more on boost later)
    examples:
    xxXNeedleXxx

3. Noobinator

These pets have very low hp (generally below 20) and extremely high strength boosts! These pets require alot of strategy to fight with and generally alot of np to buy set with!
    examples:
    Danger

Boost defined:

A boost is a point at which a pet gains a new multiplyer per icon they use!
    For example if i had 85 boost strength (2x????) then if i used a 3 icon weapon on normal attack i would do 6 damage. The points of strength between boosts mean nothing! So the only numbers that matter are (13 20 35 55 85 200 etc)

Note!!
    If a pet has higher defence than strength it will gain a league for every boost it is above starting too above. i.e. 35 strength 85 boost would have 1 league added on but if 200 boost then 3 leagues added on!

If anything needs adding or changing or anybody has any pet examples for me please pm or post :)

2. cc61

cc61 Level I

From what hp can a pet be considered as a battledome pet? I have one which has 98hp but only "immense" strentgh and "though" defence. Oh and yes it's a lab pet.

3. krombie

krombie Newbie

A pet with any hitpoints can be considered as a battledome pet, I've seen someones pet with 2hp and all it's other stats we're 100+. xD

4. punkpaul

punkpaul Level I

which kind of pet would you consider best for just 1 player bd/whenever we have bd plots.

5. Tragedy

Tragedy Newbie

Maybe you could include a few good weapons that each type of pet would typically use.

6. cc61

cc61 Level I

Wow that's strange I didn't even know you could get that low HP

7. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Anything is posible, ive seen loads worse trust me!

8. CoS

CoS Level IV

Lab pets are the best for this as opponents are quite predictable i.e you know there weapons and so dont need great defence to beat them

9. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Boost defined:

A boost is a point at which a pet gains a new multiplyer per icon they use!
    For example if i had 85 boost strength (2x????) then if i used a 3 icon weapon on normal attack i would do 6 damage. The points of strength between boosts mean nothing! So the only numbers that matter are (13 20 35 55 85 125 200 etc)

^ You forgot 125 boost. Just a heads up. Otherwise, a pretty good guide. ^_^ might want to add a weapons section - suggested weapons and prices.

(sorry if this is considered grave digging. just trying to make a contribution to his guide. :))

10. Chobo

Chobo Level I

I think you should add lab rats as a type of bd pet? Very High HP - medium strength - low defense

11. lolcow

lolcow Level III

A lab rat isn't usually the "goal" though. It's the byproduct of year(s) of zapping and not having the funds to hand-train. No one battles in 2-p with lab rats anyways :<

12. Chobo

Chobo Level I

i do xD

i think it should still be counted but w/e
    and it can be effective if u use blockers that dont require defense like RotL, Illusen's silver shield.

13. flatman

flatman Level I

Hey whats the cheapest possible set for a noobinator?

14. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Please don't gravedig.

but a noobinator set costs a LOT as you have like 1 or 2hp. Meaning you need EXTREME DEFENSE AND HEALERS!
    Takes some skill to pull it off.

your looking at 200mil+

15. CoS

CoS Level IV

Yeah most noobinators use rainbow scorchstone as it overheals and your looking at around 30mil just for that.

16. camzy

camzy Level I

Yeh full blockers are brilliant. I beat all Defenders of Neopia with my 85 Str boost, 55 Def boost lab rat. It was a bit of luck involved too, but thoroughly worth it and a lot of fun :)

I need more NPs to train a proper pet up.