1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to 'fix' an ipod battery?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by crashtestdummies, Aug 19, 2013.

1. crashtestdummies

I have an ipod nano 5th gen, and I didn't use it for a long time- a looong time. I read that you need to consistently power/charge the battery to keep the ions properly charged or something, so not using it basically screwed it up. The ipod works when I plug it into a power source, but immediately shuts off without one. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I also read that replacing the battery is as/more expensive than just replacing the ipod. T: Ffff, any thoughts?

2. lanabubalo13

lanabubalo13 Level II

3. blingblangblaow

A few tricks which has worked for me in the past:

- Let the battery completely drain to nothing then throw it in a freezer for about 36 hours. Take it out and fully charge it and you should be better off than previously.
    - Other idea is to download a firmware update and battery application as mentioned above.

4. crashtestdummies

Freezing it didn't seem to do anything.. and I downloaded the thing but I can't get the ipod to turn on long enough to actually do anything when I plug it into my computer; the apple logo just comes on and off. But when I plug it into a wall charger, the battery shows as full. It obviously is not though, because as soon as it is unplugged, it goes dead. Any other suggestions?

5. crashtestdummies

Okay, I give up. T: This is f-ed. I guess I'll have to buy a new one on ebay.