1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by statter, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. statter

statter Level II

Wow, honestly I watched this a couple of hours ago and was hoping to find a topic about this movie, but it seems I couldn't find one 0_o Unbelievable :p
    This movie was awesome, the graphics were superb, characterization was great. After watching the movie, I asked myself a question "why wasn't I born as a Na'Vi?" xD
    Any other opinions of this awesome movie? :yup:

2. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

If you take it with a pinch of salt, yeah it's good.

Though I like movies with more funny moments and epic fails rofl :maha:

3. assasin

assasin Level IV

Watched this film with my friends yeterday..

And for the first time ever(for any movie)they didnt say anything bad about the movie when we were coming out after seeing it..

I was just sitting there staring at the beautiful environment...Epic movie..

4. Kingz

Kingz Level I

I heart the movie avatar was AMAZING. I havent watched it so i cant really say, but I do plan to watch it within the next couple days :)

5. brisk

brisk Level I

The movie setting reminds me alot of the movie The Time Machine, I really want to watch the movie Avatar. I remember though when I went to see the movie Transformers 2 I saw a trailer, and the movie was Avatar the Last Airbender, then once it's released the movie is totally different.

6. sorrowniteshade

sorrowniteshade Level I

greatly agree. The movie was fantastic. The scenes were superb, and everything was just great.
    9/10

7. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

I saw it in 3-D and it was amazing. For some reason the story line reminded me allot of Pocahontas. Anyone else see a resemblance?

8. statter

statter Level II

Hahaha, I saw it in 3D as well, the whole 'plugging' into the avatar form reminded me of matrix :p

9. iggypop

iggypop Level I

ummm.....from what i understand, you think that 'Avatar the Last Airbender' and 'Avatar' are the same thing. They're not. The Last Airbender is based off that cartoon about that kid with the blue arrow on his head and he has some friends and they all specialize in one of the elements and '
    'fire' people are the bad people. and Avatar is about some military mission on another planet (correct?) called Pandora that has all these really awesome blue people living on it...

well anyways...i havent seen Avatar yet but i have only heard amazing reviews. Also, a question for the people who have seen it, do you think it is really worth it to see it in 3D or would just regular would still be could because making the semi-long trip to the closest theatre to my house with a 3D screen is annoying.

10. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Well I have friends who have seen it regular and 3-D and said they would watch it for a third time in 3-D if anyone else wanted to. I really thought the effects in 3-D really made it worth my money as compared to other flicks, but from what I hear it's enjoyable either way.

11. statter

statter Level II

I actually saw both 3D and the normal Avatar, but I must say that the 3D was a tad better (however, I never claimed that the normal version was bad...It is still a great film!)

12. Jump

Jump Newbie

I was supposed to watch it 3D today with my family, but they decided to sit home order pizza and play cards instead ><.

13. statter

statter Level II

Gah, go watch the movie. It's better than eating pizza and playing card games...And that's saying something ;)

14. darkangelboy

darkangelboy Level I

i saw it in 3d was a great movie i almost cried when grace and the girls dad died but other than that really cool and color full

15. Cyrallia

Cyrallia Level I

I really liked it. xD I watched it online, though, so it wasn't very good quality. I'll probably go watch it in 3D soon.

16. Heather

Heather Level IV

This was by far my favorite movie of the year!! I saw it in 3D and it was amazing. I loved all of the colors and it was all just so vibrant! It made me want to be a Na'vi XD

I almost cried when Grace and her father died too!! It was so sad to watch some of the main characters get killed so fast at the end.

17. Freja

Freja Level IV

I just saw it at a friends house (downloaded version) - and it really didnt impress me much. I do agree that the effects were superb, but the storyline was just.. bad. I didnt really get half of it, ended up falling asleep xD
    But I do wanna watch in it 3D some time.

18. Molly

Molly Level III

Wow. I saw it in 3D yesterday and the special effects just blew my mind. I seriously sat there with my mouth hanging open while they were showing the forest scenes. I loved it, and plan on seeing it at least once more in 3D <3

19. synthetic

synthetic Level III

aren't they giving the main character out as a happy meal toy? that doesn't really say much about the movie..

20. Heather

Heather Level IV

Why would that say anything about how good of a movie it is? Because they want to make toys out of it makes it a flop? I'm not understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.