1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner C++

Discussion in 'Code Snippets and Tutorials' started by seanf, Sep 19, 2011.

1. seanf

seanf Level I

Started learning C++ recently and before I keep going with it, I just wondered which language I should learn to make neopets programmes. Thanks

2. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, straight out of the box to C++. That's pretty impressive. How much do you know of it?

For Neopets, VB.NET and C# are great languages because they have a great framework for managing the web and VB.NET's syntax is very kind. Also, Java is a great cross-platform language :p.

3. seanf

seanf Level I

Well I've done a little programming at college, I just started my 3rd year of a degree in tech support so had touched on programming in the past but I have a great book I think its called Beginning C++ by Ivor Horton. Have got a few chapters in, I think the chapter I'm on is loops. I'd like to eventually be able to make autobuyers, score senders and stuff so would you recommend VB.NET for this? Could you recommend any good books for learning?

Thanks for your time

4. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, I'd recommend VB.NET. Any good books? I think Google is the best book :) -- use MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) guide. I learned C#, VB.NET, PHP, Java, JavaScript just from Google alone. No books. Free.

5. seanf

seanf Level I

Great thanks once I have the basics of it would you mind if I PMd you for some more tips on where to go next, I'd really appreciate it.

On another note I just found my bros 10 year old neopets account :D unfortunately it was empty lol

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh feel free to PM me at any time! If you have ANY questions at all, don't hesitate to PM me or post here :).

Oh and congratz on finding the account! 10 years + some nice NP on that account will really make it expensive.

7. seanf

seanf Level I

Yeah I've saw 10 year accounts on other sites for £20+ going to try a bit of restocking but kind of nervous in case it gets frozen lol

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Sean, keep us posted about your learnings! Any questions, once again, feel free to ask away!

9. seanf

seanf Level I

Thanks lightning, I will do. Managed to get some time for myself today to start but its only the basic boring stuff so nothing exciting yet :)