1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bang or God?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lopsk8er, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Do you beleive in the Big Bang or God?

1. Big Bang

59 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

What do you guys beleive in?

Think the universe was just an accident? Think it was just a coincidence that our earth is in the perfect position and if it moved any more than 5 feet closer to the sun we would be pulled into it?

Personally i think not. Not only am i Catholic, but everything has to come from something, God.

Vote and share your reasons why.

2. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

I'm a christian so I believe God created the universe but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't believe in some theory that has so many flaws in it. Big Bang one major flaw is that it violates the basic foundation of science that is Einstein's "Theory of Special Relativity" E=MC^2. This theory has been proven in so many ways that it stands without a challenge so thus I believe big bang theory is just a myth,

3. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Physics

G=MC^2

(G = God, M = Me, C = Christian, ^2 = Looks better)

4. boomm

boomm Level IV

Although I'm not religious, I believe that God
    created everything starting with the people
    in the world. :)

5. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

yeh the big bang theory is like impossible, as i said if the earth was just a few FEET closer away or from the sun we would either burn off or drift away, out of the inifinite universe we just happen to be here...

6. Occupied

Occupied Level II

where did god come from? if the big bang can't be perfect, what made god so perfect? What is after god? these are questions I ask myself all the time and can't be convinced god created the earth, there may be a higher being, maybe in another dimension perhaps, but if god exists i believe something is greater than him/her.

7. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

all those questions we learned how to answer in school.. i cant remember how it went but it was something like "the creator does not need a creator" or somethin of the sort. there was alot of detail which convinced me, but i cant remember =(

8. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

Ummm, i believe in the big bang theory, btw i think your wrong that if the earth was 5feet closer to the sun it would be pulled in because theres like 3 planets closer to the sun than the earth, so i dont understnad how the earth would be pulled into it, but i believe in the big bang theory because it makes sense, i just believe that the earth had the perfect conditions for evolution, things just started as little tiny microscopic particles and then evolved and got bigger and bigger, people even evolve differntly, like the people that live in the arctic evolve so their stornger against the cold weahter, but people in the desert evolve so their stronger against the heat..

9. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

ya, i truly don't believe anything about god, if god created the earth y would he allow his creation to kill itself, why would god allow his creation to fight aginst each other and kill them, why would god create things that are bad, since im not religious i dont know anything in the bible, but everyone tells me that god doesnt like gays, but if god doesnt like them y would he create them, why would god ccreate something he doesnt like?

10. Marble

Marble Level I

I can't believe in god. It just seems so ridiculous to me. But then, I can't believe so many people do believe in him. o_o

11. Michelle

Michelle Level II

Same here except the opposite statement. I don't know how so many don't believe in Him.

12. Marble

Marble Level I

In my view, if there is a god, he's completely lost control or doesn't care.
    I mean, shit happens. People die, they're run over. People are abused. Terrible things happen every day and I'm told there's some big guy watching over me and making sure I get to bed on time? Sorry, but I can't believe that.

13. warnold

warnold Newbie

My choice wasn't up there, so I didn't vote.

I believe in the Big Bang and God.

The Big Bang was the mechanism that god used to create the universe, just like evolution was/is the mechanism that god used to create life.

14. MarcelAjax

MarcelAjax Level IV

Big boom of course, i even saw a theory how it all happened with gas. and that convinced me more then a book that says god snapped and there was a world.

15. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

yeah i didnt mean pull in i meant it would burn up* and it still makes sense though, because the other plants have the correct size to not be pulled in, if ours was smaller than we would drift out.. somethin like that

16. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Same for me :D

17. Angel

Angel Level III

I dont really belive the big bang... but I also don't belive in god.

18. Angel

Angel Level III

19. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

if the earth was smaller we wouldnt drift away, the earth isnt the smallest planet, so y would it drift away, and the earth wouldnt burn up if it was closer to the sun, you know that the earth doesnt rotate in a perfect circle, it rotates in a kind of oval shape so theres times when the earth is closer to the sun than other times, so y doesnt the earth burn up then????

20. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

i heard it from somewhere.. its something like that, like if it was any closer or something the atmosphere would die or something.. it had something to do with the earths destruction

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.