1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boys and girls should not have equal education.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Robert, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert

Robert Level II

The title of this debate says it all. In some countries and cultures, women are still considered inferior to men and are believed unable to learn as much or as well as men. While other countries hold certain women if not all in their culture to be held to a higher standard than the men for education and follow such ways in their schooling. So the question at hand is not focused on women being lesser but the fact that either sex should be given less education than the other?

I believe we are all human and that gender has no sway on what we are educationally capable of learning.

2. assasin

assasin Level IV

In some countries and cultures....my country is a fine example for the debate..

In some places here women are considered inferior and are not allowed to study beyond high school...

Even more horrifying is the fact is that the parents arrange marriages right after their daughter finish high school(with or without their consent)..Yes people are that insane..

Its mainly due to the inability of the parents to afford their ward's studies...poverty..

Although people are starting to realize the importance of women in the society...they are advancing by leaps and bounds due to the government's efforts..

"I believe we are all human and that gender has no sway on what we are educationally capable of learning."

I concur..Gender has no leverage in this aspect..

3. Meepit

Meepit Level I

I really don't think that gender should have any sway on peoples educations, everyone should get equal education and be able to do exactly what the other gender does for jobs imo.

4. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

No. I disagree with everything. When it's about sexual education. Girls need to learn more about their own body.
    We need a wise generation that has no surprises or harmful events in their life because of lack of information. :back:

5. Hidden.

Hidden. Level I

It's a very difficult subject to address. If you're from a well developed country with lots of freedom you cannot understand how others could percieve that there are inequalities, but then again, even here... There are plenty of inequalities. Now it's getting a bit better in government, but still major business is run by men and some may find that unfair, but as long as a woman can rub her body against a man for 5 minutes for $50... I dunno, that might be a bit unfair too :p

6. thedup

thedup Level IV

when it comes to education, girls actually kick our asses. At the university I'm at, I think it's almost 70% female? might be more, I heard that at the start of my first year, so it's been a while
    so to hold them back, guys should have better education!
    just kidding

7. fearalucard

fearalucard Level II

Everyone should have the chance to a equal education. Deviding and spliting up groups only causes more problems. But in saying that I live in Australia and women get paid less for the same job that a man would do. The gap is still very big in some industries. So for contries that consider women as inferior or less have a very very long way to go. Education is the key to solving lots of problems the more educated someone is the better decisions they can make in life.

8. thedup

thedup Level IV

that's true everywhere it seems. I can't believe that that is still going on. Women do the job just as well

9. jadester

jadester Level I

In some countries women are vaginally disfigured, murdered at birth because they are female, used for sexual satisfaction at the hands of men, never mind getting an equal education. Its nonsense of course, but some men and the beliefs of some countries are simply twisted, horrific and have no clue. Lets hope for an end to it all some day.

10. Thyxon

Thyxon Newbie

I think people most not be judged by its gender.

Society must give everyone an opportunity to improve their education, because education will increase their lifestyle

11. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

Seeing as to how we probably not have very many misogynistic males here, I don't think we're going to get much of the other side of the argument. I'll just say that I understand the reasoning behind such a view: while it hardly applies these days, we do come from (and are in some ways still) a patriarchal society, meaning males needed to be educated to rule, while females did not (a degree in home economics?....i think not).

We may not like it, but that's just the way things were.

12. airisis

airisis Level I

I 100% Agree, this is already the case in college, boys and girls colleges and universities.

13. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

As fearalucard mentioned, while equal access to education has been granted to females in some countries, females continue to experience inequalities in the workforce, particularly in the science and business professions. Unfortunately, this problem is potentially much more difficult to resolve than the education issue.

This article offers some a glimpse into the experiences of a "female science professor."
    http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Female-Science/65922/

14. Yakooza

Yakooza Newbie

So were debating whether we should be sexist or not? :|

15. lando

lando Level I

I do think that they should have equal rights such as education, being able to choose your partner etc. Though I do think that women or men IF they are going to have kids and IF they are making an above average salary should put there kids before there jobs instead of just throwing them in a day care center all day. I think that there should always be a stay home parent whether that be mom or dad that stays home to take care of the kids. Women have always been the home stay mother why can't there be a home stay father? If he works at home he should be able to take care of the kids and the housing duties.

16. eloisesa

eloisesa Level II

i think the way school are run in england have it ok, im not sure about america, but in the uk we all learn the sam but then a year 9 we get to chose what subjects we want to study verying from building to fashion design, and either girls or boys can pick what ever subjects they would want ( not including all your main subjects such as english and math ect ) i think this is a good way to do things

17. singapore

singapore Level III

I believe half the world are wayyy past this boys and girls thingy..

as human beings, i believe that we should definitely have equal education.
    girls should have the oppotunities to shine and show guys that they might actually be better at things that we think we are good in.
    they deserve the to be treated equally or in this case they deserve to have equal learning oppotunities..

Imagine have an entire workforce filled with egoistic b-stards..THAT would be really chaotic..

18. gaspanior

gaspanior Level I

I too agree gender shouldn't matter. I think they should base it on the actual learning capabilities of the person.

19. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

this is such a one sided debate topic. you're posting on a forum where most people are from America, which is where sexism still exists but to a much lesser extent than other places you're referring to

20. Stinky

Stinky Newbie

That's sexist.

I'm not a sexist, so I don't think it should matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.