1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Mortari - Fighting For Freedom

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Virre, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Virre

Virre Level IV

2. cix

cix Level I

that horrible...

but

you cant judge what they are trying to accomplish there, by seeing a soldier throw a puppy off a cliff. Its like me judging a entire nation, by the actions of one individual. No im not an advocate of the war there, or its reasons, but i think videos like these are stupid as they try to change people's opinions about the war based on what happens to a puppy. Personally, I could care less about that puppy if 1 person was to get saved.

3. Virre

Virre Level IV

I've seen to much of this kind of things to have faith in your soldiers, not to mentione that they recruit pretty much anyone and think they'll do a great job. Apperantly, the standards aren't high enough, otherwise this kind of thing would never happen.

4. cix

cix Level I

i know this happens both ways, against and for the war. And yeah i agree that its pretty easy to get into the army.

5. Limmum

Limmum Newbie

So, is this guy going to be dishonorably dishcharged?

6. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I've heard that too. Apply, and you're done. You get the job.

I'm against the war, but that's just because more people are killed since they are there than before. With all the tech, they should be able to find Bin Laden easily and then they could just leave. But they want the oil, so yeah.

7. xcoasterx

xcoasterx Level II

that's cruel, why would you do such a thing?

8. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

You can't judge a nation by a few of the people that represent it. I am sure EVERY single nation on this planet has it's scumbags.

9. Ornec

Ornec Level I

We think we are the %$#%%^#@$ in Iraq we can run over cars we can shoot livestock hurt animals and we think that because we are the US. Other countries have their jerks but we have more then counted for

10. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

Animal cruelty is the one thing in this world I hate most. I hate how these "soldiers" think because they have guns they can go around doing whatever they want. It's unjust. If he gets dishonorable discharged, Motari will most likely not be able to get a job for the rest of his life. It's a sick and twisted thing to do. What goes through these peoples heads? Do they not see animals are beings too? They feel pain, hurt, and have emotions. His punishment should be turning him over to Al Quieda, I'm sure they could do something about the sick, twisted head on his body.

11. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

That's disgusting. I can't even believe that this is what's happening in Iraq. I hope they're all caught, discharged, and thrown off a cliff.

12. Virre

Virre Level IV

I didn't judge the US for the actions of people like David Mortari, I was just poiniting to the problem with recruiting soldiers in the way that the army does.

13. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

And you know this because you've been to all the other countries? Gotcha.

14. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

It is disheartening to see such acts of cruelty, but it isn't surprising. I've got a friend in the Army Reserves, and they're trained to be able to switch from a "normal mode" to a "kill mode" in which they have no feelings when killing. It's a form of desensitizing, called operant conditioning. My friend said that at a moral level he is able to deny that he is killing somebody.
    Of course, he isn't heartless enough to throw a puppy off a cliff, nor smile and treat it like a joke. But while it is a shock to see soldiers do this sort of thing, it isn't unexpected. While I'm talking about Australian Army Reserves, Americans do use the same tactics.
    It might not have been a problem with recruiting, but it may have been the way soldiers have been trained.
    David Mortari said that the puppies were a "liability" and may give away their position. But if they did have to kill the puppies, there are more humane ways of doing it. And the noises made by the puppy shows how ridiculous that excuse is.