1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think it's possible to have "dumb" teachers? :P

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WildSnorlax, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Question as stated;
    I think it might be possible to have them around. Like teachers who some how got a teaching degree from University, but only use the textbook and other teacher's resources to teach @@"

Haven't really met someone like that yet thank god.

What do you think?

2. gugubee557

gugubee557 Level II

I think that it could be possible.

I listened to a review at the radio, and they talked about this subject.

3. marklyn72

marklyn72 Level I

I think it is very possible and i think my son has one...she has not shown any teaching abilities of her own...she does everything from a book and all the work that comes home for my son is copied from a teaching book...when i talk to her she doesnt seem to know what she is talking about...she always stumbles over her words...i might have to talk to the principal it it continues and might have to change his class...hope i wont have to come to that though he likes his class and classmates...

4. Rach

Rach Level I

I think it's quite possible ... yeah.
    But then again, i don't really know what could be done to prevent that?

5. raized

raized Level I

Yeah, some do not know how to teach their subject, or it is their first year doing so... So the work they give may be simple and plain, but it is because they don't have much experience in the subject yet

6. Freja

Freja Level IV

I think that's how teachers are when they just started teaching. After 10 years, I don't think they're like that anymore though xD.

I think every new teacher who have no experience will just go after the books and the other teachers..

7. annoymus

annoymus Level II

had a couple of those teachers , so yeah they are very real indeed

thankfully they didnt screw me up big time

8. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

yes there are dumb teachers. i had the luck to run into about 5 of them throughout high school. they range from teaching styles, some teach straight from the book and are really boring. One of my other one made up grades once instead of mathematically grading people. Another one of my teachers kept talking about his life and his experiences and we never got anything done in class (this dumbass kept bringing his dogs into the story every chance he got lol).

so yes there are very stupid teachers out there. :yup:

9. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

Yes, but most of these "dumb" teachers usually teach in lower subject levels. All of my teachers in AP classes were fairly competent in their subject.

10. domini212

domini212 Level III

There are definitely dumb teacher. when I was going to school to become math teachers. There where teachers who were already math teachers there. and they couldnt even do the basics. it was so sad.

11. gaspanior

gaspanior Level I

I've actually had 2 of these. It was sad for half of the class to be correcting the teacher on a daily basis.

12. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

I had one in 7th grade, calling her a "teacher" is even too much...all she did was put notes on the overhead, then the next day give us a worksheet and make us read out of the book...that was the pattern. 1 day write notes off of the overhead(which were from a book), next day read out of our text book then do some worksheets. She never did anything to actually "teach" us. Was an easy A though.

13. xaznflyboyx

xaznflyboyx Level I

I dont think their are such thing as "dumb teachers." A better term might might teachers who don't know how to teach well???

14. dee123123

dee123123 Level II

I think there's a saying that goes "Those that can not do, teach"

15. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

Yeah there are definitely dumb teachers out there. I had an english teacher last year who's tenured, been teaching for like 30 years, and was one of the dumbest ladies I've ever met. She took all our class material from other teachers, just said the same thing in different ways when she tried to discuss the books we read, and she couldn't count. She graded us on three different categories; I had an A and 2 B+ in the categories, and somehow I ended up with a B in the class. When I went to talk to her about it, she looked at the progress report and said, "I'm not good with computers, why don't you talk to the computer teacher."
    Everyone in my class disliked her, and someone went to the principal, who eventually told her. So then we had an entire class discussing what we thought of her (it was very awkward) and at the end, she said, "well it doesn't really matter, I'm tenured so they can't fire me."
    I wanted to do bad things to her. >:) >:) >:) >:)

16. muro

muro Level II

I have never had a 'dumb' teacher, nor a 'bad' one. (or maybe I'm too nice :p)
    It's the substitute teachers that always mess everything up and know less than half the stuff the students know. In our high school, they all look like desperate job-seeking bums and couldn't care less if we don't learn.

17. xaznflyboyx

xaznflyboyx Level I

lol, so true. Substitute teachers are dumb. But every once in awhile you'll see a pretty cool one :tehe:

18. saralee33

saralee33 Level I

Not only is it possible, it's an absolute probability I'm sorry to say. I've been around long enough to have seen a few. As a matter of fact, I once had a sister-in-law who was a teacher. She had all the book smarts one could want. However, she had NO common sense. She was too dumb to pour piss out of a boot with directions on the heel.

I think the smartest, best teachers have sense enough to learn what's in the book and then toss it out the window so to speak. They can teach the basics and then teach by example. Students tend to learn so much more/better if they aren't just given a book and a task. The best teachers are engaging and know this.

19. socks1724

socks1724 Newbie

omg yesssssssssssssss my general music sub lol

20. creatinetaker

creatinetaker Level II

Ya there are dumb teachers out there teaching now. Inexperienced teachers, lazy teachers and untrained teachers all make up dumb teachers in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.