1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For love or money?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Angelika, Feb 5, 2008.

?

hmmm?

1. Love

70 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. Money

22 vote(s)
    23.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

Would you rather marry for love or money? Say the love of your life is...homeless. Are you going to chill in his/her cardboard box, or settle for someone else who is more successful?

Personally, I'm planning on marrying for money. If I meet the love of my life along the way, I'll just have an affair or something.

2. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

I totally agree with you Ang.

I would never be with someone who is...poor. Well, I guess if I was truly in love and I couldn't stop thinking about her I would change my mind but other than that, I am going to marry for money.

3. Hally

Hally Level IV

well, seeing as I'm going to be loaded, I'll marry for love, and she can marry for money.

4. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Money. I wanted to say love at first, but I've never really known what it's like to be without money. I've been lucky enough to never be in need of anything I couldn't have. So I said money, because it's impossible to live without it.

And like you said, ang, I'll just have an affair or something.

5. Virre

Virre Level IV

Love. I can still make money on my own, don't see why I have to chill in her carboard box when she can hang out at my freakin' castle. No but seriously, I don't want to become a millionaire, I'll settle with avarage. Being rich is frowned upon here. :)

But I can see why some of you girls are going to marry for money. I mean, everyone knows that women can't make a living on their own, right?

6. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Money...with money you can buy love. Any kind of Love except the Real Thing.

But with love you can also buy money...so i'm between :p

7. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

LOVE!
    u self centered idiots.

Pssh.
    cant belive some of you
    ang i expected obv
    but the rest :p

money shouldnt come into it
    im poor, been brought up with a brother and just my mum there.
    Most of my families in debt.
    but its helped me, understand the value of a pound coin.

my gf's in a similar situation where her mums poor etc
    we're together for love

and as we seen the way the life is poor, we both aim to do well with our lives.
    Me an accountant
    her a lawyer
    and we've alrdy agreed, first thing we're doing is clearing the debt from both sides of the family.

8. Mr Awesome

Mr Awesome Level IV

Agree with you Chilly! We are in a spot of bother with money at the moment, but seeing my parents sticking together makes me realise that im in it for love too. And chilly im with that girl i told you about soooooooo long ago!

9. Mastercjb

Mastercjb Level IV

I would marry for love, there is no point in sitting around with some person that you dont like just so you can get stuff that you want. I would rather spend my time with someone I want to be around im sure we can find something to do that we dont have to be rich for. also even if you marry for love, that does not mean they dont have to be well off. ;)

10. Mat2dong

Mat2dong Level I

That is sad!!

You know, when me and my wife got marryed we both where poor...

Now, we are on our 3rd house that has 3 floors and 6 bed! We also own a Business:)

And we both have love....

Love is not just a filling. Love is a lot of work that pays really well! It's like farming, you till the ground, plant the seeds, water them, water them, and water them, then your feilds will grow and you will have lots of healthy plants (IE. Love!! ).

You all know If you love someone you will go out of your way for them. No matter if you fill like it or not...

Trust me, start with love and the rest will come:)

LoL!!

Good point:) Ya! That is so true right girls?

11. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Ironic- those of us who are marrying for money are more financially fortunate, whilst those who marry for love have less money.

12. Mat2dong

Mat2dong Level I

You are so right.. It is Ironic.... What I thank is going to happen is the ones who have now will not later and the ones who do not have now will have later..

I know this much, I have been poor and I have been rich, it is all vanity. I was happer when I had just a little:)

Start with Love:)

13. NoPoint

NoPoint Level III

I would marry for love, although I like to kid myself that I would marry for money. I love money, we all love money, but it doesn't beat love at all.

I had a great partner, till I managed to screw everything up and I would give up anything to get them back, including all my money and yes, I would live with them in a cardboard box.

Am I one of the few woman who would marry for love?

14. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

That's not even realistic. Why on Earth would you be happier when you were poor? That doesn't even have to do with the person you're with. You're basically saying that you'd rather be with your wife and be poor rather than be with your wife and be rich...lol UHHH

I completely disagree with the haves becoming have nots while the have nots become the haves. That's not how it works. If you have money, you're not just going to randomly lose it all unless you don't know how manage whatsoever OR you just stumbled into a chunk of money.

And Virre, women can make a living on their own, some just choose not to...so shut up

15. Mat2dong

Mat2dong Level I

You shut up "ang"....

Are you mad cuz "Virre" made a good point, or what? He was just being sarcastic, ya jurk....

And what do you know about love or money? How old are you? 10?
    I have seen it how it works for myself..

Me and my wife have been vary poor and we are now what you would call rich thanks to 2 things.

1. The Lord Jesus making it this way.
    2. We did what he asked us to do together.

Let me ask you this.
    How much money you have in your little bank account?
    How many homes have you owned?
    How many companys have you owned?
    How many times have you been in real love?

Most likey it will be 0 on all:)

One other thing, you need to show respect to all the members here.. Your a mod.. And your there to help people, not be an ass every chance you get.

Love is the way to go cuz you will get the money if you work at it. If you get it for free you will not appreciate it and be broke fast.

|| MATT ||

16. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

Wow I want to ban you so badly.

17. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

i am all for marrying for love :yup:
    what happiness will you derive out of marrying someone that has money but you have no love for? my as well stay single.
    i believe that the happiness derived out of love will offset the unhappiness of having little money. of course i will not marry someone that will make me lose all my money such that i will struggle to feed myself. that would be suicidal wouldn't it? in that case i will make a compromise of marrying someone that i love less but will not make me hungry.

18. Mat2dong

Mat2dong Level I

And that would be where the wedding vows come in handy "soccer":)

There not just for show.. They really mean something. Lets have a look------

I, (Bride/Groom), take you (Groom/Bride), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

Most people just do them for show now a days:( They really mean something.

I really like this part: for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer.

You start with love and the rest will come! Trust me:)
    The love for my wife and kids has pushed me to work hard and take care of them.

|| MATT ||

PS. By the way "ang", your post is off topic... Plz stay on topic:)

19. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

It's funny that you have no clue what you're talking about, lol.

And Jesus isn't depositing money into my dad's bank account, so there's no reason to thank him.

But to answer your questions...hmm

A lot
    None...uhmm that's what parents are for
    Why would I want to own a company when I already get everything I want?
    Never, duh

And you really shouldn't preach about respect, as you have absolutely none. And if you knew anything about anything, you'd know I was kidding. duh.

20. Hally

Hally Level IV

Question.

When all is said and done, at the end of your life, would you rather be with someone who makes you happy, or bought you fancy cars?

As you die, are those fancy cars going to give you a feeling of fulfillment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.