1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good/best Wii games?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Phee, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah yeah, wii sucks, blah blah. But it's the only game console I have (my dad bought it because he likes Wii golf, LOL) so I want to get some good games for it.

Ones I have already considered and am probably going to buy:
    CoD 4
    Brawl (duh)
    Animal Crossign City Folk

Any other suggestions?

agatiinha426 likes this.
  2. ledawayadam

ledawayadam Level I

There's the Rock Band/Guitar Hero series if you like those games.
    Other good games for the Wii (and have good controls to boot):
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
    Warioworld :Smooth Moves

The problem with many Wii games is they will be decent games, but the controls not being as good/sensitive as they should be will ruin them.

3. assasin

assasin Level IV

4. Will

Will Level IV

5. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

I vote for mario cart. Its really fun. I like it when i can get first place. Makes me feel happy

6. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I lol'd at Macdoodles' post.

Question, if I were to mod my wii, would Wii Fit still work?

7. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, normal games still work. Were you thinking of chipping it or soft modding it?

8. policepro

policepro Level I

Well I cant think of the exact name but it is a zelda game and mario kart is really good :yup:

9. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Dunno- what's the difference? Oh, and my CD drive of my computer doesn't work, though my DVD drive does. Would I still be able to burn games?

10. munster_poo

munster_poo Level I

I've heard Mario Kart is good, I wanna try that Wario game and the Olympics game. I've always been a fan of the mario party games, but this latest one just doesn't match the others in my opinion.

For Xmas I'm buying a few new games for my fiance.. we have a system but NEVER play it. What sucks is all the extra controls you gotta get, like the steering wheel and all that, it adds up =/

11. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Chipping it is when you put a mod chip into it to play burnt games. So you give it to somebody, and they'll open it up and chip it. It's illegal, and if something does screw up you can't exactly go back to your store for warranty.

Soft modding it is when you use a glitch in the Twilight Princess game to hack into the Wii's software. So you'll have to download things and store it onto an SD card, put the card into the wii and follow these steps:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4522563_wii-hom ... d-wii.html

It is a little complicated, but you can back up your software (in case you screw up) and if you do explode, you can just use your back up so nothing happens. And if you can't back it up, you can just erase your software and there's no trace of tampering, unlike the chip.

Once that's done, you can play burnt games and watch dvds.

I had an SD card from my camera, hopefully you have one.

As for your DVD drive, does that mean you can't read CDs with it? You should still be able to burn it. Although don't quote me on that.

12. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I can read cds but not with my cd drive; in order to read them I have to use my dvd drive. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to use my dvd drive to burn cds? :s

13. Tycho

Tycho Level II

Yay, Wii games.

No More Heroes
    The Conduit
    Dead Space Extraction
    RE 4
    MadWorld
    Boom Blox

No Sonic games. They're all garbage since DX.

14. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

DVD drives should be able to burn cds. Although CDs have nearly become redundant these days.

As for my list ( a bit larger, because you can burn games after modding it!):

Brawl first. But you've already made that decision
    Mario kart
    Super Mario galaxy
    Warioware: smooth moves
    Okami
    Resident evil 4
    No more heroes
    Lego star wars
    Lego batman
    Lego Indiana jones the original adventure

Just a few, they're pretty fun. Resident evil 4 is good for co-op.
    And the basics, Wii sport and Wii play are pretty good for a little while. If you can be bothered buying the wii-motion plus, resort is pretty entertaining. You can also play tiger woods golf on it, which is fun even if you don't usually play golf.

15. xaznflyboyx

xaznflyboyx Level I

Wii Sports
    Mario Cart
    Brawl :tehe:

16. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Resident Evil 4 is not to be missed even if you've already played it to death on a different console, the new controls are incredible.

Besides that:

Dead Space Extraction
    Geometry Wars (incredible retro experience here, don't miss it)
    House of the Dead Overkill
    Mini Ninjas (a surprisingly great game)
    The Conduit
    Super Paper Mario

17. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

The Conduit is good? I was thinking about getting it, but the reviews were mostly mediocre.

What's better, softmodding or hardmodding, and which would you do?

18. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Phee likes this.
  19. Arkley

Arkley Level III

It depends on your POV. It's a "hardcore" game for a non-hardcore audience. If you want a game that you can sit and play for hours on end with tons of side quests and realism and stuff, The Conduit is not for you. If you want a game that you only intend to play for an hour or so at a time and all you want out of it is to kill a lot of stuff with some cool weapons, then The Conduit is for you.

The Conduit isn't very deep. Its story has about the same depth as your average Hollywood blockbuster alien invasion affair, although in its defence it's a story well told and it does inspire you to uncover the next part of the plot, even if it is rather unoriginal. The summary for every mission is pretty much "here are some guns, the bad guys are over there, go". It's bland and mediocre but it is very well executed, the controls are marvellous and the graphics are pretty and the online multiplayer is probably the best online FPS experience around simply thanks to The Conduit's controls.

Basically if you're going to play it online a lot, either with friends or with strangers, get it and you won't look back. The single player campaign isn't worth buying the game for but it is fun in short bursts. Think of it like Smash Bros Brawl; gets tiresome and repetitive very quickly when played solo, but the whole game is really about killing your friends and laughing at them. If you scored Brawl based on its virtues as a single player game it wouldn't be worth more than a 7/10, and neither would The Conduit. As multiplayer games though, they both shine.

Phee likes this.
  20. ilovevicky

ilovevicky Level II

My wii is chipped love it to bits you can get all the games online :)

House of the dead overkill kept me playing until i beat the game i loved it still do.

Dead space seems really boring but i admit i havent gone too far in it just started it up went past the boring bits and did a few kills bleh...

i need a few new ones and i'm going to try a few listed on here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.