1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GUIDE] Your Guide To Advertising Neofriends!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lightning, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Your Guide to Advertising Neofriends
    Well, it looked like some people needed some help advertising...here we go!

1. Making a YouTube Video

a) In order to make a video, you would need to have a screen capture program. I'd suggest using CamStudio and Corel VideoStudio Pro x2. CamStudio is freeware and can be downloaded here. Corel VideoStudio Pro x2, on the other hand is not freeware, but you can contact me if you want it free -- and then, PM me for keys if you want the full version. Now, these are the only software you need to download: I like to combine both CamStudio with Corel Video Studio Pro x2. If you don't like Corel Video Studio, you can also download Camtasia here for a free trial...then, ask me for the keys.

[​IMG]

b) Here's a look at CamStudio. It's very simple...just select the region (suggest fixed or window), autopan if you'd like, and clear all time stamps, watermarks. If you are using fixed, make sure your program can fit nicely into that slot

c) Decide on a program or programs to use, and make sure you have all the settings that you want already set. Oh, but leave some settings to do so that you can show the user how to use it.

d) Decide if you want to, and how you want to communicate with your viewers. Usually, you can either use captions or a text editor like Notepad will do. Or, if you would like to record your voice, hold off until you finish the video part first. Oh, and make sure to make a script if you are going to communicate.

e) Well, when it looks like you've made your proper adjustments, you can go ahead and record! During recording make sure to make mouse movements to bring out the features of the program you are trying to show off. If using a text editor, make sure you type as fast as possible without screwing up -- the viewers' patience is counting on it! Again, have a script!

f) It might take a few tries before you master it so be patient...and also, you can take breaks between recordings if you are doing several programs. Later on, you can add little slide transitions to help you out.

g) Ah, finally! You've finished recording, and now, it's time to hit the editing studio. Open up Corel VideoStudio (or Camtasia).

Here's some previews and simple looks at each program:

Corel VideoStudio

[​IMG]

Camtasia

[​IMG]

h) Well, pretty self explanatory, import files from your computer to the file bin. Then, drag them to the time line at the desired time. Remember to add some audio (use voice narration feature if desired), or just import it from your computer and drag it to the time line. Nobody wants to watch a silent video, especially when you are trying to convince them -- make sure it's nice and upbeat! Also, put captions, callouts, and transitions to spice it up a little bit :p

How to record voice in Corel VideoStudio:

[​IMG]

i) Once you've previewed your video, fix stuff, repeat, you are finally ready to publish it :). For users in Corel VideoStudio, it's step 3 time, so click Share --> YouTube. For users in Camtasia, click the Produce video as... link. Follow the basic instructions, I know you can!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j) Upload it to YouTube...make as many tags as possible that are Neopets-related. It helps get viewers, and more viewers = more referrals!

Will be posting my example shortly...

2. Spamming the NeoBoards/Neomail

a) Type up a quick message to post around the boards. Your Neopets account probably won't last very long so you probably want to have the message typed and on your clipboard ready to go.

b) Make a nice, readable font that everyone can see! If you type like a nubcake, who's gonna believe you. More than likely, they'll report you than join your site unless you can make it convincing.

Here's something I just typed up (the code):
    Code (Text):
    1. [center][font c=black s=3 f=modern]Hey, my name is Chris & I come from a Neopets community called Neofriends. There are many ways & programs to make easier NeoPoints that aren't scams.
    2. Join here:
    3. neo friends.net
    4. {no spaces}[/font]
    7. [font c=blue s=7 f=cursive]Chris[/font]
    8. *star* *kacheek* *aisha* *hissi* *star*

[​IMG]

c) Don't just spam the boards, join big and active guides, and also, Neomail people instead of on the boards! I actually prefer NeoMailing to spamming the boards because it gives you more time to advertise.

d) To NeoMail advertise, all you have to do is grab random names off of the NeoBoards and NeoMail them.

e) For some lazy people, you might want to download some programs that auto does these tasks for you. Mass Neomailer (expon), ev0h3y4x's Neomail Bomber, Neomail Bomber (Rockage), NeoBoards Poster (Zippy), Neomail Sender (Fexxel)

3. Getting Your Friends

a) Probably the easiest way to get referrals is to get your friends to join. They trust you, and you know them so don't be afraid to talk them into it.

b) So, just open up AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN, whatever, and start advertising to your friends. Say something catchy and act like yourself...it'll work :p

[​IMG]

Credits/Final Comments

Well, I hope you have a little better idea of how to advertise...anything I'm missing, criticism, please do post.

Credits go to Milanos for being in my "friend" screenie :p

2. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Kinda bumping this up :D

Reserving room for longer guide if necessary :p

WildSnorlax likes this.
  3. WEARD

WEARD Level II

xD
    Good guide but not realy useful.
    This is just for recruting ?

Thanks...:)

4. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, yeah, it's for advertising/recruiting since we don't have referral links here :p

5. WEARD

WEARD Level II

That can be an Idea to create Referral Link
    In the Graphic section.

Maybe a contest !

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Why would that be in the graphic section? That would be something that expon would have to do...yeah, but many members don't want any more members though :D

7. lelouch britannia

Thank-you, this was VERY helopful ;)