1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever got robbed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by goncalo, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

This came to my mind now because I was almost robbed today.
    I was coming from school and left some friends on the way, and when I was approaching the entrance of my house there was 2 chavs who tried to rob my cellphone. I kept walking until the entrance of my flat (they didn't know I live there) and then I stopped right in front of the door. They were preparing to take my stuff but then I got rid of the arm of the guy who was trying to imobilize me and rang at my neighboors door the fastest I could and then he opened the door quickly and I got in safe, they didn't have time to react and they just left running.
    Fortunately I could react.

Wether it was on the street or at home, did you get robbed too at some time?

2. booboo

booboo Level I

I used to drive taxi cab and I had a guy choke me from the back seat and demanded all my cash. Luckily he was drunk and when i bit him he got got out and ran, non the less i took a few days off because it rattled me for sure.

3. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Ouch that must've been damaging, did you get any money compensation for that?

4. booboo

booboo Level I

No I wish, we paid 50cents a mile kept what was left over, so they didnt comp anyone for anything, cheapskates lol.

5. noncheatercheater

No, not yet. *Knocks on wood*

I wonder what I would do if I was robbed..

Actually, now that I think about it..

When I was walking down the hall with my friends in seventh grade (almost 10 years ago, wow), I was looking at this little magazine that had all the little gigga pets (which was the fad at that point) and this asshole and his friends were walking by and he just snatched it out of my hands and proceeded to just walk by as if nothing happened. The teachers aid saw it.. but I don't think she saw how he took it from me. but whatever..

lol

Anyway, I think i'd fight and fight and fight until I did some damage if I was robbed for real.

6. Virre

Virre Level IV

Yeah I got robbed once.
    A woman approached me at a bar that night, she was fine and after a few drinks she asked if I wanted to follow her home. So we left the bar, but after about ten minutes of walking she pulled a gun on me and told me to give her my money, watch and sell.
    If it had been a knife, I probably would have made a run for it, but as since it was a gun (and I had a bit too much to drink), there was no way in hell I would have made it back home.
    So I gave her everything, and the last thing I remember after that is waking up in the ambulance.
    She shot me straight through a lung.
    But that's okay, because I've got a new wooden lung now. It's all pirate-ish and stuff.
    Oh, and they caught her and got her for both robbery and attempt of murder, but also for trying to escape when the police found her (she had been stupid enough to use her creditcard in the bar). So she tried to run, but since she didn't have 50 golden rings yet, so she couldn't transform into supersonic and get away.
    Anyway, after five years she got out for good behavior and we got married.
    Also, I'm a pretty bad liar.
    I didn't have a real story to top yours, so I made one up =(

7. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I actually believed you until the wooden lung bit. :D

8. avblue

avblue Level II

Hahaha, so did I! *Blushes*

Never been robbed myself, hope I never will. :p

9. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Lol, good story.

I never got robbed. Luckily.

10. Zyphen

Zyphen Level I

luckily, I live in a small town... so the chance of me being robbed is like being struck by lightning. rofl

11. bliztkoon

bliztkoon Level III

I stopped believing you the moment you said she shot through your lung. Was almost convinced too.

12. vinceraf

vinceraf Level III

Got robbed on a day-trip in Florence .__."
    I was on the stair of the cathedral when I found that a pocket of my backpack was open... and my wallet was vanished =.=' It contained near 250EUR (350 USD) and maybe something else. My only luck was that in the same pocket there was also my digital camera but it remained untouched! :/
    Probably the thief was one of the "billions" of non-EU immigrants that invade italian cities, especially where there are a lot of tourists =___=

13. shizzneh123

shizzneh123 Newbie

No, And I hope I never do! :(

14. lilmexiboy

lilmexiboy Level III

like 2 years ago i forgot to lock my old car, I thought i lived in a good neighborhood, when i woke up the next morning to go to work my cellphone was gone from my car >_>. First time i left my car unlocked, first time i forgot my cell in my car too. Now im stubborn about locking doors.

15. azure_flame_demon

OK, that was kinda funny :yup:

16. cameronthegreat220

i got robbed once, i walked into my house and it was ransacked, thank god for insurance!

17. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

i got jumped by two guys once who tried to take my ipod while i was walking home. they were both a bit smaller than me, so i decked one of them straight on the nose, and they both went running. if they had a weapon, i wouldve probably lost my ipod without a fight :p

18. darthfiendfyre

darthfiendfyre Level I

My house was once robbed while I was on vacation in Ocean City. He didn't take anything valuable, just some of my mom's less expensive jewelry. The robber was caught a few weeks later. Turns out he had robbed about 6 houses in that week, not just mine.

19. peter516

peter516 Level II

I've had my rucksack stolen in an airport because I left it out. Also, someone tried to steal my dad's wallet in Italy.

20. hot

hot Newbie

wow, so many interesting stories.

my car got robbed in the middle of the night. Lucky for me, the robber only took a roll of quarters that I keep in there to get water. some of my neighbors got their cars robbed too. It was definitely disturbing though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.