1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy Metal makes children kill?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardenal

cardenal Level III

There was an incident recently, when a teenager [who was known to be suffering from depression] killed 4 of his classmates with a samurai sword.
    His parents are blaming it on the music he listened to [Slipknot, Metallica, KoRn etc]

Do you think heavy-metal makes people kill?

2. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

no... the first line says it all the kid was depressed.. if the parents took a little concern into that person and help them get through that depression this wouldn't have happen. Adults are sometimes stupid... always looking for a scapegoat either music, video games or T.V.

3. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't say that heavy metal was the cause of the murders, but rather, people who have those traits or tendencies are more drawn to that type of music. It would appeal more to them, rather than something like S Club 7.
    But i'm sure the music didn't help with the depression.

4. cardenal

cardenal Level III

thats my opinion too.. I'm a heavy-metal baby and so far I've never had the urge to hack people to pieces with a samurai sword.

Parents don't want to take responsibilty for their children when they've made mistakes..

5. aereon

aereon Level I

Human always find something else to blame instead of themselves.
    That's sad. The parent is the who one who should be blamed as they are not monitoring their kids activity.

6. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

people just keep coming up with more and more ridiculous excuses to blame stuff on,
    as long as its not themselves.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DEFINITLY doesnt MAKE somebody kill...but it might do a little bit of encouraging to an already enraged specimen.

8. Raider

Raider Level II

Not at all. That is ridiculous. When I listen to metal music, sure they talk about death and killing and stuff, but does it make me want to kill? No. That is a stupid excuse in my opinion. People have to realize its just music, and not act upon things. You cant blame the music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.