1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with PayPal [+rep'ing]

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Richy, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richy

Richy Level IV

I want to have a paypal account
    I don't want to link it to my bank account
    I don't want to have to call in or have them mail me
    I've made one, I've been paid ~$3, but then I couldn't send the money back out

if I register for another country (Canada or Australia spring to mind), can I just provide an email address and a password, and then be set to receive money and send money out, no questions asked?

2. Fabian

Fabian Level I

Okay, after reading it. I somehow rather understood you.

First of all, if you don't want it to link to your account, how Paypal is going to transfer the money to you.
    I had been using Paypal, I didn't get any call in or them mailing me. So you don't really have to worry. Unless your account has some problems (Etc, people trying to cancel the payment.)
    So you had made one Paypal account and sold something for $3? If that's the case, you can't, cause there's no bank account to transfer to.

I hope it helps you. =)

Richy likes this.
  3. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

Can't you request to be sent a check of your paypal balance? But I don't know if you need to link yourbamk account for that. Also they take out $1.50 for "check processing".

Richy likes this.
  4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Make an Australian account. It has a $3000 spending limit.

You can receive unlimited amounts however will only be able to transfer I think $3000 out before you have to verify the account. At that stage, just make a new account. :p

Good thing about Aussie account is you have access to the gift option also, which means no fee's when sending it to another account if thats what you choose to do. Also, unlike alot of other countries, no need to link any bank accounts to it for it to work :)

If you need any help, let me know!

Richy likes this.
  5. Richy

Richy Level IV

That should work Junior, thanks! I don't care about the money, as I'll be making and spending all my money online- I just don't want mom to know about my paypal ;) and she has access to my bank statements. I'll be mailing you if it doesn't work, Junior. I'll be sending out reps during my passing time, thanks all!

6. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Not a problem Richy. Like I said, its got a fairly good spending limit. And you can hold onto the USD in the AUS account without any issues. Hope it works with no issues. GL!

7. Fabian

Fabian Level I

Any time, Richy! :p

8. Richy

Richy Level IV

New question:
    Do I sign up as Personal or Premier?

9. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

If you're only using it for transactions here, personal is just fine. Ive been using personal and I haven't run into any problems yet. Premier allows buyers to pay with their credit cards while personal only lets people pay with their accounts that are linked to checking accounts. There's also a fee involved with premier accounts.

In my opinion, stick with personal. It's good enough for selling and buying NPs.

Richy likes this.
  10. Prodigy

Prodigy Level II

Wow. $3000 limit on Aussie accounts? I didn't even have to go through all the pains of activating my Paypal then.

11. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

It could be $1500.. I'm not sure. It was a decent amount though.

And like i said, once you reach it, just make a new account :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.