1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Create an Old Poster in Photoshop CS6

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by tristen1230, Jan 14, 2013.

1. tristen1230

tristen1230 Level II

Creating an Old Poster

This is school project I had done for my school project. I never really thought of creating a guide but I thought this could help people and plus I felt like I should be more active especially in the graphics since I love doing graphics.​

Step 1: Find a Image of Old Paper​

Simple as it sounds. Go on Google and find an image of old paper. I used this one.​

[​IMG]

Step 2: Find a Background​

Like the first step go on Google and find a background. If you are using the paper I put above I would recommend are darker background so it will stand out more. This is he one I used.​

[​IMG]

Step 3 (Optional): Rotate​

You don't have to do this step. It can be straight or rotated. Your choice.​

Step 4: Adding Tape​

A piece of paper is not going to stay up without tape! I used these brushes: http://www.fuzzimo.com/free-old-sticky- ... s-brushes/
    Choose the old sticky tape Photoshop Brushes.​

Once you have the brushes installed paste it into the project and bring it to the middle of the paper and center it half on the wood and half on the paper. Next bring the fill down to about 85 but whatever works for you is fine. You should now have the result of this.​

[​IMG]

Step 5: Adding Text​

Now it is time to add some text. At this point it become more to you. You decide what font would go with what you are doing and how the text is laid out along you project. Since this could be like an old wanted poster you may want to go with some western fonts which you can find here: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=106

Secondly you will want you font to have the same feeling as the paper and the same color as the paper so I would recommend using white for the text color and 70% fill. If you want some text to stand out some more raise it to 75% or 80% fill.​

Step 6: Adding Pictures​

Pictures are basically the same as text using 70% fill. If you have a stain like in mine with the bottom right picture (see image below) lightly erase using the eraser tool and using a 0% hardness brush.​

Now you are done! This is my final result.​

[​IMG]

jvance08 likes this.
  2. blueatlantean

blueatlantean Newbie

Thanks. I'm trying it out. I'm making a theatre poster

3. jvance08

jvance08 Level II

This actually looks pretty good. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

4. mrr_madeline

mrr_madeline Level I

This looks really cool =) congratulations!

5. carolinenew

carolinenew Newbie

ths for your help. i wonder whether i can use another image softwareto do the job. i have been using this image programme.

6. rumer94

rumer94 Newbie

7. raven_24

raven_24 Newbie

thanks men :)