1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to rack up POSTS and CASH responsibly!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DeNo, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Introduction
    I think many of us -especially 'the vets'- on this site are sick of seeing newcomers spamming and posting one liners to increast post count. So the little thing in my head called a brain kicked in for once and I'm making this board. Personally, this wasn't exactly how to turn every single member of the forum into giving, selfless members - cause, hey, I know theres always going to be a few here to just get the programs. I made this topic especially so its LESS painfully freakin obvious when people want to increase post count. But I guess it is a pretty good lesson on forum etiquette too.

Heres the list of what we should DO.

Tip #1 Be genuinely interested and involved
    When you participate in any topic, be INTERESTED! This does not mean flooding posts with exclamation marks to seem like you actually give a damn. Let curiosity flow, your opinions and questions flourish. Hey, this way you'll even learn more. And this leads me on to my next point..
    Tip #2 Ask questions!
    This is probaly a lesson you can even instill into everyday life, but hey, I aint even going to try life-coaching over a neopets forum. This is essential in learning anything, and in context it will help any noobs develop a foundation and knowledge in neopets ABing etc etc. so if there is something your unsure about, ASK! Hehe, and unashamedly but also sheepishly, i have to admit questions in many cases lead to a great stimulus for dicussion; boosting post count :yup:
    Tip #3 Debate it!
    This threaad is great. It allows you to a) learn about yourself and develop your opinions b) see others opinion and "respectfully" discuss c) a good topic may last for ages allowing many posts *muahaha*. Although make sure that when you offer an opinion, there is atleast an ounce of thought in it. If i see another 'yea mee too!' as a whole reply in the board, im going to find something really sharp and HUNT YOU DOWN. AND I WILL ENJOY IT. And remember, everyone is allowed their opinions, try and keep the personal insults out of it. If someone beleives the Earth flat, and in response you start ragging on their mum; they have beaten you ._. I've listed some of the more popular threads below..

ALIENZ?!
    Cash or Love?
    God's way, or Pokemons'?
    homoshexuality
    Donate your organs?
    Media-arr
    Tip #4 Guides (Suggested by cackle)
    Hehe, yes, guides. The ultimate way of boosting posts AND helping people at the same time! WHat do you think I'm doing now by creating this guide? Think i actually care about helping you guys? :arf: hehe pshhh. No but seriously, if you can think of an original idea that will help people alot, then post it up for everyone to see.
    Tip #5 "Dailies" (Suggested by cackle)
    Well, not really dailies. But theres always those threads that float around the site such as the 'lab ray' -which i personally think is the most blatant excuse for a +1 post- but hey. Also, try and participate in the mystery image and lenny conundrums! Some dailies/nonsense threads are listed below

Daily Lab Thread
    I've Been Iced (There's rediculous amount of people posting in here just to get posts. So meh, join the rest of em)
    Best Item From Wheel..
    Best random event (Who says you can't have a new best event daily?)
    What are we listening to? Well?

Tip #6 Activities (Suggested by cackle)
    These can be really fun, the writing corner on this forum is looking abit worse for wear, maybe you guys can spruce that up? And as Cackle said, the video contest etc sounds good. This isn't really my thing, so if there is anything you can add to this, just post and ill edit it up.
    Tip #7 THE FREAKING EDIT BUTTON
    Learn it. Live it. Love it!
    Seriously, this button might as well be called 'The button to not get flamed button', cause nothing annoys 'the vets' more than to see the same person posting 3 times in a row. Like stick a 'flame me' sign on your head if you do that. So in conclusion, dont post multiple times. If you need to add something, edit.
    Tip #8 Homework & Help Sections
    Why not showoff your intense knowledge - cause acing science always gets the chicks - and help out in either of these sections. Im sure theres plenty of high schoolers like me out there that could use with abit of chea- i mean, a helping hand. Oh, and theres plenty of nooby questions to raise your post count with in the Help section. GO FORTH AND TEACH MY CHILDREN >:)

Now lets move to what we should NOT do . (Suggested by Zer0)

NOT #1 One liners
    Do NOT just post in weak one liners into a topic. Its pretty damn transperant people, especially if its like 'lUlz me 2 - kthxbye'. And yes, i get the irony of this being like 2 sentences.
    NOT #2 Crappy Topics
    Going off of the first one, do NOT make superficial boards, because that too is also transperant. And if people arent going to flame you for rule one, they will definetly flame you for rule two.
    NOT #3 Thank You's (Added to on by Cackle)
    Pointless "thanks". Personally, I like like to acknoledge of people have helped me, so I do like to post thanks. But try not to make it just the one word, tailor it by saying why etc. Then it wont look like your just adding up the post count. Or if someone really did go out the way for you, +rep them and thank them more. It may even mean more to them.
    NOT #4 Spamming (Articulated by MCheezie)
    For those that click on the 'View Active Topic' threads and reply to EVERY SINGLE ONE there. Don't. Try and pick the topics that sound interesting to you and pace yourselves, that way you'll derive benefit from the forum and the people as a whole. Well in short, don't just but yourself into every topic you see and throw in a half-assed opinion. Be selective.

Edit: I think that was quite a bad explanation. Here comes MCheezie to save me ass.
    NOT #5 Don't be a dic- Bad PersoN! (From FastBullet)
    Don't be rude if another person has other oppinion than yours or doesn't agree with you in some topic. Try to explain the reason or if you can't, report them. Don't flame the hay stack.

Conclusion
    Since i feel like making this a report and none of you can stop me; heres the conclusion.
    In conclusion, when trying to raise cashhcashh don't be a fool, or a tool and try when posting just try and put yourself in the shoes of other posters. WILL THEY SUSPECT YOUR TRICKERY? Or will you join the league of slyb*astards like me.. Muahaha. But seriously, go out there, have fun. NF is a great community. Don't mess it up.

This is a continuing collaborative effort by members of NF. This is as much mine as it is yours! Post suggestions and ill throw them up.

Ravey, Lightning, zapkato and 6 others like this.
  2. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

The lab thread is also an easy +1 cash a day. :) You can also write good guides and participate in activities(vid contest or graphics or new stuff) to get cash if you're not the most talkative and chatty person. ;)

3. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Thanks ;) I'll be sure to throw those up there.

Ak* likes this.
  4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Nice :)
    Also try to include what NOT to do. Like posting useless a "thanks!" in the guides section. The spoilers should be organized in a "what to do" and a "what NOT to do".

People like organized things ;)

+rep

5. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

dotdenz i think you are up to something.. maybe this could be a guide that the new people have to read before posting. Other forums use this method. The user can't post until he/she reads this guide. It would help them out drastically.

+rep

6. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Cheers for all the suggestions. Though I'm having some trouble with putting in more for the do NOTs. C'mon, tell your friends to suggest stuff xD!

Oh and thanks for all the +reps. Muahahah, the more i get, the stronger i get >:)

AWExOMEDudeMan likes this.
  7. domini212

domini212 Level III

You should also explain exactly what spamming is. Provide several examples. (although some vets dont understand what it is either... ie Just because u didnt understand the post doesn't make it spam)

I vote to make this a sticky :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

8. DeNo

DeNo Level III

This this is fast becoming my baby.. Ngaww. Do you guys think I should post links up on there to make it even more impressive?

9. fail

fail Level IV

god you scared me, where it said conclusion, i thought you were posted Concussion! and getting onto me :p. also, making guides gets +cash usually be phee, also receives +rep!

10. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

sure, it couldn't hurt ;)
    I question the forum in which this is posted though. Maybe put it in the announcements/rules section as a sticky once it gets really good?

11. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

For the Thank Yous, maybe mention that a mere +rep and writing thank you in the box would do the same thing as a "thank you", and to some people it might mean more.

12. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Yeaa, added Links & a few new sections. it grows my friends.

thanks for all the +rep, i really appreciate that people are actually reading my work.
    its a great feeling!

cash or no cash, i really dont mind. I just like helping the site.
    I don't even play neopets these days, haha. just slinking around here.

13. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Why isn't this at the GUIDES SECTION?

Suggestion :
    Try to add

NOT #5: Don't be rude if another person has other oppinion than yours or doesn't agree with you in some topic. Try to explain the reason or if you can't, report them. Don't flame the hay stack.

14. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

Maybe mention something about point spam? It's different from spam. When a new member goes around and responds to over 40 topics in one hour to gain posts/forum cash, it's a tad annoying and nonetheless it's spam. To me that is the worst thing a new member could do.

15. DeNo

DeNo Level III

Thats it! That's what i meant about the 'spam'. I found it slightly hard to articulate and explkain. I think yours is much better :)

Yea.. I know. Program Ideas? :S hahaha. thats abit farrout.
    Wow, thats a heaps good addition to that. I'll do it right away!

Oh and thanks for everyone whose +repped me! I'll try and get around to thanking you all personally. But if not - due to exams - im saying it here. I appreciate all of em :yup:

Edit: yea. found its home in the Guides Section. Btw, how do i look past on ALL the people that have +repped me? it only shows the recent ones. :(

16. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

I do like how you refer to the high leveled people "The Vets".. nice guide!

+rep

17. DeNo

DeNo Level III

hehe.
    I hope this thread keeps on going, after all the hard work I put into it.
    Anyone else have any more contributions?

18. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

hey don't forget about the graphics section :) whenever somebody posts a new one its an easy +1 post :) but of course justify whatever you rate the new piece, don't just say 10/10 and leave, also the noobs might learn something to help the community a little bit :) i know i personally type up like paragraphs of stuff on new pieces of work... unless they're mine and of course mine are flawless :)

19. Rach

Rach Level I

I think all noobs should be referred to this guide. ;)
    Nice work. :)

20. tanner

tanner Newbie

this is probable a dumb q but where can u see how many points u have???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.