1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was looking at my alarm clock..

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by kittymeow, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittymeow

kittymeow Level II

and was thinking about a alarm clock that you could verbally tell you when to wake up. At first I thought someone could play a bad prank on you and change the time but the voice recognition system could be set to work at your distinct tone, although if you lose your voice things might not work out to great. You could set the sound to wake you up to be a favorite song which you tell it to scan on the radio and grab so that it can be used at any time. Maybe even record a custom wake up by recording yourself or others and them saying wake up or something. That would mean holiday wakeups and birthday wake up reminders. Maybe even "Test Today, Test Today" alarm clocks. is something like that out yet or do you think it will be coming out ad some time or another.

2. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

There already is something like that here in Holland... Don't know how it's called though.

3. darthfiendfyre

darthfiendfyre Level I

That's pretty cool. I live in the U.S. and I don't think we have anything like that yet.

4. foxygrampa2012

foxygrampa2012 Level I

yeah i am in the us and i know that you can record anything to wake you up....
    there are ipod speaker systems that you can set to wake you up on whatever song or playlist or shuffle them

5. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

well i must be living under a rock

cuz i havent heard of

such a thing

:D

6. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Dno about any alarm clocks like that... But my cell phone is a pretty good substiture ^^
    I have my friends's voices recorded and my fav songs and calender to set different tones at different times so it works pretty much like that.

7. driftyx

driftyx Level I

stuff like that already exists xD :p. You have lights that turn off and on when you tell them too and washrooms that flush and showers run when you tell them too. Cost ALOT tho xD

8. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

money's not an issue :D

ill buy them all and RULE THE WORLD!!!!

mwahahahahah :maha: :D

9. superperson

superperson Level II

haha how cool i have no idea ;P i think they have those just not alarm clock style.

10. skateelement1124

wow wouldnt that get a little annyoing though? i quess not i just dont like waking up. :lol:

11. pspredatorx

pspredatorx Newbie

That would be wicked, I already have like 5 different ways to wake up

12. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

omg today i woke up 10 mins before my soccer practice cuz of my stupid alarm clock good think i ate at a buffet last night so i didnt need to eat breakfast this morning

13. kittysac

kittysac Level I

I want that alarm clock from holland, then. XD That's soooo cool. I want to tell my clock what to do! ^^

14. unsplosion

unsplosion Newbie

That would be awesome. I wish that stuff was here in canada :p

15. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

well, it'd be really scary if you just look at your alarm clock and think of all that.

well for me, everytime i wake up, i have to spend around 10 seconds, thinking whether i have school that day, and if it's dark, whether it's in the morning or it's time for dinner.

your idea is very cool, but if i were to be put in your shoes, when i hear my custom message, it'll just put me back to sleep :D

16. jvjanisse

jvjanisse Level I

bah, nothing can wake me up with sound (i sleep through thunderstorms) the only thing that will wake me up is this vibrating disk i put under my matress. >.> basicly shakes my head till i wake up; or shake my arm till it hurts ( :nope: dont want it to get that far, annoying)

17. derrick

derrick Level III

i have one of those!...and at the store i also saw this alarm that jumps on you and then shocks you...crazy people! ;)

18. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

alarm clock sounds should be irritating so that they can wake you up. if you have your own sound as the alarm then you might find your own voice irritating. That is i think not too......good.
    But yes, such things do exist already and are in fact quite common. But i would never buy one of those. a waste of money. I will stick to my alarm clock.......nice and irritating.

19. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

yeah, maybe i'll just play a record of myself singing on one of my off days. i can't play my ringtones as an alarm tone -.- i enjoy them too much :p

20. ExcitedGlut

ExcitedGlut Level I

Dude thats pretty crazy... the only way I can wake up is when people push/punch/kick me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.