1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraq War. Leave or stay?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by astrospride, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrospride

astrospride Level III

I personally think that we have to stay and help restore order. I mean, we invaded the country, took about Saddam (who was the guy who was able to control the Sunnis and Shiites though I don't like how he killed innocents), and allowed the fighting between the Shiites and Sunnis to occur. Otherwise, the terrorists might take over the country and will lead to even more destruction.

2. o_0

o_0 Level II

leave they are basicly doing nothing in iraq...but everyday ppl there get injured or get killed..so hopefully all the army will come back soon

3. twxlegend

twxlegend Level III

Therer's nothing left to prove, the US army has already done their best at restoring peace an order, plus it's already been a long time...it would be best if they left.

4. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

Stay, they've only completed half their mission...their goal was to take out sadaam which they did, they also caused major damage throughout the country and now its time for them to re-build it. personally i think if someone doesnt want to die fighting for their country they shouldnt join the army, but it also pisses me off to see that people have to result in blowin themselves up just so they can kill someone.

5. gitanil

gitanil Level II

There is absolutely nothing to gain by staying in Iraq. The longer we stay, the worse the situation will become. Leave now, or stay for for 10 more years.

6. twxlegend

twxlegend Level III

Besides there's a lack of news of what's happening in Iraq these days, so I assume there is now minimal order in the country, and Iraq made it to the finals of the (Doha)Asian Games in soccer, they are probably back on their feet now. So I believe it is time for them to leave.

7. astrospride

astrospride Level III

The problem w/ the US leaving is that I believe that the Iraqi government will not be able to stop the fighting between the Sunnis and Shiites. That is why the father George Bush decided not to attack Iraq during the early 90s. Though Saddam was not the greatest ruler, he was able to control both the Sunnis and Shiites. After his removal, the chaos between the two sects began. I know that the US will not gain anything but as I said, you can't just go invade a country and just leave it vulnerable to other outsiders. It's like dropping your drink on the floor and not cleaning up the mess.

8. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Stay they gotta get that "oi..*cough*cough*". But seriously no point in honestly staying there American lives lost for nothing. Its kinda like america in WW2 after Germany surrendered troops in germany doing nothing.

9. twxlegend

twxlegend Level III

Precisely, like I said they've been there for years, Saddam has been caught, some peace and order has been restored, it's time for the Iraq government to take over.

10. Zapno

Zapno Level II

You need to realize the amount of money and lives that are spent on this pointless war. This is simply another vietnam, except that the enemy poses absolutely NO threat to us. If they attacked us we could destroy their entire country within the span of a day. (We have tons of nukes) If we took the money being spent on the war, and spend it instead on helping create jobs in mexico we could kill two birds with one stone and gain a good allie while reducing the immigration problems.

11. X Joe Kickass X

X Joe Kickass X Level IV

Tell me why the war started in the first place?

First. America thought there was WOMD
    Second. Americans picked the worst possible canidate for president, George W. Bush

12. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Wrong, had it been a majority of the other candidates the war would have still continued. Kerry for instance would have most definately not have pulled the troops back.

13. X Joe Kickass X

X Joe Kickass X Level IV

did kerry make the desision in the first place? no, bush did

14. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Yet, people voted him to office knowing his ideals. Meaning it was the countrys decision to go to war, and voting him back meant many still agreed with the decision. If you want to criticize anyone, criticize the american voters.

15. X Joe Kickass X

X Joe Kickass X Level IV

your kidding? have you seen any documentaries, EVER? like bowling for columbine?
    have you seen some of the parts on there? the "What a Wonderful World" montage? weren't those all Americas fault? They bombed an advil factory because Americans thought they were making WOMD! Its not the voters that tell Bush what to do, its when they vote him

16. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

get your facts straight, this isn't another Vietnam, not yet nor will it ever be. Did the Vietcong ever pose a threat to us? no. IF we left it would end up being a lot like Vietnam, we'd basically be leaving the people that depend on us to keep them safe - yeah they never wanted our help, and yeah there were no WMD's, but if we left now the people of Iraq would be open and exposed, and left pretty much defenseless to terrorist attacks, if the U.S. is looking to prevent another Vietnam then we have to stick it out. And as for that whole mexico thing... who cares..

17. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Wow, just wow. You want to keep soldiers there because they supposedly need them? This is nowhere near true...They were fine before we attacked them. Whether you want to admit it or not they can survive without our "help", yet I suppose people such as yourself can't realize that the whole world is not dependant on america for survival. Then you went on to say that noone should care about mexico, or illegal immigrants. I can't even believe you said that in the same paragraph where you said we need to HELP another area of the world. If america wants to help the world, and improve the lives of the other humans who inhabit it, then they need to stop thinking with this bullshit attitude. A majority of mexicans (IN MEXICO) are poor, and in being this way they get poor healthcare, little food, and horrible living conditions. As a result of their desperate situation they come to us looking for jobs and a better way of life. This is very understandable and I can sympothize with that. Howevor, in doing so they decrease the amount of jobs available for the american population, and take money from our own economy. Why just leave a problem untreated? They would not have to come here illegaly if they simply had jobs in their own land. This would save alot of people from dieing of poorhealth care/nutrition and would also get us another allie. Allies are good to have if you want to do the bullshit america trys to pull on the rest of the world.

18. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

"I suppose people such as yourself can't realize that the whole world is not dependant on america for survival"

^^ if that's the case then why bother with mexico?

and you took my comment out of context...

Iraq may not have needed our help in the beginning, but circumstances have changed drastically since we brutishly invaded and uprooted their gov't... The Iraqi people do rely on us for protection, no matter if you realize it or not....

and I just don't care about mexico b/c there's more important issues in our world... how about helping the people of Darfur? that seems like money better spent to me

19. X Joe Kickass X

X Joe Kickass X Level IV

No offence to any americans, but you are ignornant and aggorgant peices of garbage.

If someone needs help, then don't talk to the Americans about it. Americans think they are "all that" and that everyone depends on you

but the reality is no one needs your help. We are all fine the way we are.

20. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

as if you, or I speak for an entire nation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.