1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Man 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WildSnorlax, May 9, 2010.

1. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

YEAH. Watched it on opening night {yesterday}
    SO PACKED! I went at 10PM. It was so packed they had to add another show. Luckily we got in that one {10:05}
    It was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG. Tony Stark is sexy.
    Discuss please, kthnx.

2. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Oh wow, didn't occur to me opening night was yesterday....

I just got back from watching it with my boyfriend. Technology/CGI/whatever today is epic. +.+

And to think right as the movie was starting my boyfriend was like "You better not be watching for hot guys :x", I was like "psh, main character guy is old anyways", then by the end...XD

He ended up commenting on the secretary girl (Nathalie? Rashel? Whatever her name was...Agent Romanov?) being hot, though, so pfft. (Her action scenes were epic, if somewhat impractical-seeming. Oh, and hilarious!)

3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Just don't post any spoilers :p

I've not seen it yet. It's not released here for a little bit longer.

I dont recall seeing the first one...But I saw the shorts to this one and think I'll go see it!

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, some of the science there was very dodge, but it was a great movie.

Did you see the bit after the credits?

5. spikeschild

spikeschild Newbie

There was more after the credits! Darn, I missed it, what happened?

Great film by the way, mmm Robert lol x

6. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

SPOILER ALERT. CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Ok so what happened after the end was basically a clue off to another Marvel movie? My boyfriend thinks it's Thor, but...I know very little about Marvel movies :(

7. spikeschild

spikeschild Newbie

WildSnorlax

What does your post say?

There is so much on your post that I don't know what you've replied with (obviously not our quotes)

Maybe clearing up your siggy would help lol

8. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I've had sigs like this for two years, I don't think i'm going to clear it because you don't know what I posted...no offense :S
    I replied with a spoiler tag; however pleaase refrai nfrom going off topic or else I will have to flag it as spam, thanks!

9. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Junior, I never saw the first one, either. (At the beginning, I kept bugging my boyfriend "What's going on? What's going on!?", then towards the end I was like "Shut up I wanna watch" when he was explaining stuff to me. XD) I think the movie was great in itself.

I didn't stay for the end, either, since my parents had already called me asking where I was...=P

Reading the wikipedia thing, though, apparently a giant crater with Thor's hammer appeared? (And Mooie, I know nothing about Marvel either.)

10. Heather

Heather Level IV

I saw it last night.. eh, it wasn't as great as it was being hyped up to be. I think I liked the first one more than this one. I could've used more action and less story. Then again I saw it at 10pm so it takes a little more for me to stay engaged and not put me to sleep. XD

11. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

I'm planning on seeing it this weekend. My roomates saw it yesterady and were less than impressed. But I'm still excited, mostly cause I get 2 hours of Robert Downy Jr. yumminess.

12. Heather

Heather Level IV

haha yea somehow, like what Anfan said, he got more and more attractive as the movie went along XD

13. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

He's definitely one of the few men that just get better with time too.

14. thedup

thedup Level IV

I think I enjoyed it more than the first one. I wasn't a fan of how they were obviously supposed to be in a relationship and yet they weren't. I had actually forgotten that they weren't together throughout the movie, certainly it felt like he would have been cheating on her if he had gotten him some Scarlett Johansson, who is IRRELEVENT SPOILER apparently supposed to be Black Widow, which had to be explained to me by my more comic oriented nerd friends.
    and I always really enjoy Don Cheadle ever since Ocean's Eleven, so I was glad to see him enjoying a pretty prominent role.

15. luckieskystarz

I agree with you about Scarlett's character, but she really didn't do it for me as a crime fighting chick. As for Don Cheadle, I really liked his performace. However, I'd prefer if they'd stuck with the origion cast member for his part. He seemed to pull it off a bit better. I look at Cheadle as too serious to put up with Tony's just general self to begin with. He did a great scene (I don't want to spoil anything) with arguing with Tony. So props to him for that.

16. thedup

thedup Level IV

I couldn't even remember who played that character in the first movie, although I knew it wasn't the same. after checking on imdb, I'm quite pleased with the change in actor. I thought that that character was one of the high points of the movie

17. jaylon_90

jaylon_90 Level II

Terrence Howard >

But overall great sequel to Iron Man... get hype for Thor, Captain America then the Avengers, etc.

18. Meepit

Meepit Level I

I really want to see it, i loved the first one so definitely need to see the second!

19. Osteomancer

Osteomancer Newbie

I was actually incredibly unhappy with this one.

They took out any vestige of responsibility and consideration for others in Tony Stark, leaving behind only self-centered narcissism that never actually gets called out. He treated Pepper Pots kind of badly in the first one, and she quite rightly said no thanks. In this one he doesn't tell her the truth, he gives her a bum job and makes no effort to make the transition easier (thus setting her up to fail), and yet somehow at the end they're kissing! And she's given up being CEO because it's 'too tough', wow, that's a strong female character. I was hoping she'd make an awesome CEO and give Tony the boot to the head he needed, but instead we get 'secretary girlfriend'. Arghhh.

And the villian...heaven forbid that he be any bit sympathetic. They could have done some interesting things with jingoism and classism, maybe with Tony's dad deporting his rival out of insecurity, and made Tony confront his own flaws by making him consider his dad as a human being who makes a bad call sometimes but is not necessarily all bad for it. Instead the villian's dad is just a money-grubber and the villian is a terrorist, nope, nothing redeemable or interesting here.

Lastly, just as a movie, it was BORING. He's the the main character. We know he's not going to die from getting sick off of his battery, so the delay in coming up with an alternative isn't interesting. We get the idea he's making bad decisions, so why do we need him wandering around in the suit and getting dead drunk? Why is there minute after minute, scene after scene, of irrelevant crap that doesn't add anything? If he's going to the office to get his dad's city mock-up, then just have him get it rather than have some hostile exchange with Pepper; they're kissing by the end of the movie anyway, so it's useless. If she's not going to be CEO after this, then why have Justin Hammer compliment her on her technique against competitors? (Oh, never mind, obviously it's to set her up as the damsel in distress at some point so that big strong Iron Man can save his secretary girlfriend). And what's with the bird? There were so many bits that either didn't make sense by the end or just flat didn't need to be there.

20. PieceofPoo

PieceofPoo Level I

Compared to the pre-release hype.. I was very disappointed with the way the movie turned out. It seemed kind of rushed..