1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love Or Arranged Marriage?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by johnyboy2157, Apr 29, 2010.

1. johnyboy2157

johnyboy2157 Newbie

What do you think that which one is most strong bounding in relationship status & which one you prefer & why??

2. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

I can guarantee this won't be argued. Obviously love. This is less of a debate it and more of everyone getting a free post saying that they think love is better lol

3. Robert

Robert Level II

well in some places they still hold strong to the values of marrying through arrangement. Personally I am of the mind Love is better but not necessarily the best .................. I wouldnt say arrangement is necessarily better though :)

4. Pegaley

Pegaley Level I

Definitely love, i'd hate to be married to someone i hardly even knew.

5. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Stupid thread is stupid.

This isn't really something that should be debated since it is both a matter of preference, can be religious, and can be connected to deep-rooted personal philosophy...dangerous subject

In any case, I would like to point out that divorce rates have been sky-rocketing...so I don't think anyone really has any idea what they're doing.

/thread

6. jadester

jadester Level I

Love of course, arranged marriages, no thanks. Imagine sleeping with some ugly dude just because your parents are getting something out of it.

7. Kyas

Kyas Level I

Obviously love, i imagine in a few arranged marriages they will actually fall in love, but it would be a very small chance.

8. cupcandy

cupcandy Newbie

This is so hard to speculate. Arranged marriages are usually seen in Indian, traditional European and African cultures. So many couples get married and live very well together, every year. The family study if the couple will be happy together, if they have interests in common, it's not like you'll be forced to marry one person that you don't like. The couple will meet each other before the ceremony, they'll talk, etc. All that mistery ends to create a little attraction, to start the things... It's so complex to explanate.

It's not a bad thing, after all. It's just their culture.

But of course I choose love. Always.

*sorry, english isn't my native language*

9. lando

lando Level I

Clearly love, not really a debate lol. Though I guess in arranged marriage you are forced so there really is a strong bound between the partners. Love is powerful thing, can hurt and heal a person's heart.

10. singapore

singapore Level III

lol. seriously, love=much much much higher divorce rate than arranged marriage..
    in a pre-arranged marriage, there is a much higher chance that if both the man and woman gets married, they would do things to stay together and over time, feelings for each other will definitely increase..

whereas in a "love" marriage, the chances of feelings for each other disappearing is like much higher..

BUT, of course i would chose a "love" marriage over a P-Marriage..unless my parents finds a gorgerous bride and i'll definitely consider it XD..seriously, imagine getting to know a person after getting married and after finding out more, you realise that the thinking of both of you are like the north and south poles..

Prearraged Marriage happens in olden Chinese culture too..

11. crashxbang

crashxbang Level I

If it's honest to god true love, then love.

12. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

arranged marriage has a lot higher chances of working than a regular marriage. i saw a statistic somewhere a long time ago

but obviously from my own personal perspective i'd be choosing love.

13. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

My oppinion too but I would add a why. Why most of us choose "love" and not arranged marriage. Because IT'S our choice. We understand ourselves more than we understand others. It's natural that we love the man/woman we choose and not the one that we are -FORCED- to marry. :|

14. Obi

Obi Level I

This. :)

15. Jamie

Jamie Level I

I think most of the people answering on this topic will "clearly" choose love, but thats only because its the culture we live in. Since birth, we are inspired by these incredible love stories and what not. In cultures where there are arranged marriages, they wouldn't think that love is a clear-cut choice. Statistics are clearly in their favor.

Most of us are just too narrow minded to really consider what it would be like. I include myself, since I would choose love, but its not like (and most others here) have any experience with arranged marriage.

16. albert_macintosh77

I like Arrange Marriage Because Recently Proved
    Love marriage success rate is less as compared to Arrange marriage.
    So i don't risk in my life.
    <3

17. dk8932

dk8932 Level I

Prefer Love over arranged. Just sorta tells you to get used to its not going to change...

18. Lully

Lully Level I

Can I choose being single forever? :D

But I wouldn't mind having an arranged marriage, as long as I didn't love anyone else. Although, seen as love really hates me, I guess I should just stay away from it anyway...

19. RRRJ

RRRJ Level I

In some cases arranged marriages turn out into a loving relationship -> but i like natural love (natural selection) would be the best

20. candyman

candyman Level I

im a big fan of arranged marriages, takes all the one sided trying to make someone love you out of it. also reduces cost which is effective and as a bonus you automatically have the families approval.