1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paypal question

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kaito, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

Hello all, just have some questions regarding paypal.

I don't live in america
    I don't have a credit card.

I just have a paypal account.

can I

1) accept payments through paypal?
    2) cash out the money i have in paypal?
    3) buy things though paypal, obviously with people's previous payments?

thanks! ^.^

p.s. whats a verified paypal account btw?

thanks!

2. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

1: You can accept payment
    2: you can't cash out the money..., you need a bank account or a credit card attached to your account.
    3: yes, you can use that money to buy whatever you like.

and finally, a verified paypal account is an account attached to a bank account. When your ready to widthdraw your money, you can easily send it to you bank account. It usually take 4-5 days to receive the payment from paypal but it's still quick.

Hope this helped you.

3. klae17

klae17 Level III

In a month or so, you can get adebit card. You will have to check if you can if you're not verified tho. Good luck

4. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

hey thanks! really credible, seeing that you've the trader tag.

If i just attach my bank account (still don't have a credit card), would paypal be able to put the money into my bank account?

If worst comes to worst and matters get too complicated, am i able to use my parents credit card to retrieve the money from my paypal account?

Is there any quick way to check if my paypal is verified (verified meaning that my bank account is registered to it already?)

Thanks alot! ^.^

5. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

It takes a while to register your bank account. Once you've attached it, Paypal will deposit two very small amount of cash into your bank account, then, to verify it, you have to be able to tell them the exact amounts they put in there.

Once it is registered, you can transfer your money in the paypal account to your bank account at any time, but it does take around 5 working days to clear. Also, I think they charge you if you're transferring a small amount, but it's only about 25p :)

6. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

hmm, thanks! :p i've read about the them sending a small amount to check maybe i can keep doing it? :D
    any idea how i can register to my bank?

cause when i go to my first page of my paypal book, they say that my account is unverified, okay. i'm fine with that ^.^

After,i click on Verify, i get to

"Verify Your PayPal Account
    Your PayPal account is Unverified. Becoming Verified increases your online reputation and makes transactions with other PayPal members easier. As an Unverified member of PayPal you can only send up to your initial sending limit in the PayPal system. By becoming Verified, you will be able to send unlimited funds with your PayPal account."

When i progress further on, they ask me for my credit card details O.O

If i'm wrong, where do i go to register my account to my bank!

7. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

When you log in your paypal account, under the tab "my account", go to "profile" and then you can "add or edit bank account". It took me about 6 working days to get my account verified. The longest part is to wait for the deposit from paypal.

8. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

Hmm, so if i register my paypal account to my bank account, i don't need to register it (i.e. register a CreditCard) to it then?

Thanks!

9. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

Correct ! :D
    I've got a bank account attached to my paypal account but no credit card....

10. klae17

klae17 Level III

I recommend you don't give your credit card. Because paypal will just deduct form that( don't know if there are extra fees involved). Then your accounts almost acts like a credit card

11. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

Fantastic, finally got it, i think, and hope ^.^

So you can request the money to be transfered into your bank account whenever you feel like it?

12. klae17

klae17 Level III

Yea, but it can take 3-4 days. I like said before you can get a debit card after a month or so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.