1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercings

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cameronCRUNK, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cameronCRUNK

cameronCRUNK Level IV

For some reason, this seems to be a huge issue with people around where I live. How do you feel about piercings(other than earlobes)? Do you think they're trashy? Stupid? Good way to express yourself? Fun?

I like them, personally. I want my lip and eyebrow pierced.

2. krilas

krilas Level II

I've ever pierced my left earlobe and that was it. Other places (tongue, lips, nose) are just too scary for me. Yeah sure its a good way to express yourself, but going too extreme will just make you stand out too much and let you get unwanted attention so basically I try to moderate it as best as I can.

3. Zack

Zack Level II

its a personal choice really
    personally I have none (I'm a guy) an am not really interested in getting any (but i have nothing against people who do)
    i wouldnt mind a tat though

4. crizlyte

crizlyte Level I

Piercings personally dont affect me, i find them attractive on girls, especially tongue piercings...
    I wouldnt get one on myself cos i think i just dont suit it.

5. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

I personally think they look trashy, but it's a personal choice. It's all about how you feel about yourself, not what others think.

6. CoS

CoS Level IV

i think that they are fine on girls but start putting it on men and it looks either scary or weird 0_o

7. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

I think a bunch of piercings sticking out of your face and metal everywhere is just trashy. HOWEVER, Piercings in discreet places can look really sexy, especially on a woman. I am female and have my bellybutton and tongue pierced. My husband has his left nipple pierced and it drives me wild. Its a discreet little piercing just for me... I have 4 piercings in each ear, just small thin hoops and diamonds. Very pretty, very feminine. He also has an ear piercing with a manly gauge half hoop tribal looking thing... Sexy.

All in all, Colorful, attention grabbing piercings all over your face are trashy. Select few piercings in discreet places are super sexy. I feel the exact same way about tattoos. I have a few discreet ones, just for me and hubby.

8. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

I don't really pay attention to people's piercings unless they're really ugly or something. Or the piercing just doesn't look good. Like girls who get Monroes...ugh! It's so hard to pull off, and 98% of them just look really dumb.

And eyebrow piercings hardly ever work. They just scream, "hello, I live in trailer #4" imo. And guys with eyebrow piercings usually look like complete tools.

9. Royal

Royal Level IV

I think piercings on a guy scream gay, and I don't like emo eyebrow etc piercings on girls.

10. cameronCRUNK

cameronCRUNK Level IV

I'm really fascinated with piercings for some reason. I think it is because I've never had any and probably will never have any.
    I've wanted basically everytime, though usually for a very short time. Example? The eyebrow piercing I talked about in the first post, I don't want anymore.

I think monroes are ugllllllly. I don't understand the desire for them at all. My friend recently got one and I just don't understand why she wanted it.

11. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Piercings I think are pointless and dangerous. I find it that a girl with piercings other than the ear a little too ahem, weird.

It just shows how bad the modern day people are getting.

12. ShinyDraik

ShinyDraik Level I

I for myself, like piercings (except genital piercings *shudder*). I have a
    navel piercing and until now I´m very happy with that

I really don´t think you can say that in this way^^, although I respect your
    opinion. Piercings are, just like clothes or hair colour, a special kind
    of self expression. the most important thing is that everyone´s
    content with its body and its look.
    that should always be the most important thing. so "bad" is
    to my mind, the wrong expression, these people are just... different ;)

13. Resu

Resu Level III

I agree with the fact that piercings would fit girls better than guys... From the people I know some girls want a piercing (for their lips or belly) but none of the guys want one.
    And if you take piercings, I'd said 1 or 2 is enough, if you have more... I find that just awful.

14. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

Body mods are a way to express yourself, and I'm all for that. However, I do feel that there's such a thing as taking it too far.
    I have seen some seriously screwed up modifications. I think that anything that impedes you from functioning properly or causes real problems (ie not those that are a result of people and their prejudices) should be avoided. I mean, covering your entire body in tattoos and punching a couple holes in your face is one thing. Trans-scrotals?

That's another thing entirely.

I had my eyebrow done for a little while, but I took it out because I realised that it was going to impede my professional career. That might seem like a dumb reason, but people are biased, and I don't want to let something like that get in the way of me making millions.
    I think that the history behind piercings and tattoos is a fascinating subject, and I enjoy learning what various things represent in diverse cultures.

I don't think that there is any kind of difference between piercings in general on men and on women. That being said, I think that lip rings and eyebrow rings tend to suit guys better, while nose rings (which I dislike in general, but whatever) and belly rings are better suited to females. I've never seen a man with a belly ring, actually. I don't know how eager I am to ever see it.

I think that if you're willing to put up with the judgement and the assumptions, go for it. But be reasonable.

15. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

I think piercings are awesome and everyone who looks down upon them should think outside the box and try new things. I have my eyebrow pierced and I love it. Pretty much everyone I know has a piercing.

16. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

But you have to agree, there is such a thing as too many piercings.

17. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

Absolutely. I think they should be subtle and discreet... But Then again, my whole view of piercing is sort of an erotic one, and maybe a strange one at that.

18. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

Well of course. But a few in the right place are fine.

19. Virre

Virre Level IV

I don't give a rat's butt about if a person has piercings or not. As long as they feel comfortable in their piercings, it looks natural on them. It never looks good or bad, it's just a part of who they are and I couldn't think of my friends with piercings without them. But if they change, they change.

20. cc61

cc61 Level I

I like them personnaly, I used to have one near my eyebrow. I just think after a while you don't care anymore and start taking them all off (my friend had 8 she took them all off). But it's not tatoos so it's ok. It's more or less a trend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.