1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[POKEMON] Shoddy Battle

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Icegoten, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

Anyone here play Shoddy Battle? It's a part of

http://www.smogon.com/

Where most people go to learn some stuff about competitive pokemon battling.

You can download it here: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads

It's free and just a nice and easy way to have pokemon battles online. You can either pick pokemon and some movesets online and download the team or make it using shoddy. If you enjoy pokemon battles even if you don't want to be competitive and just use a team of your favorite pokemon you can do that. I say it's nice and fun.

Very simple interface. You have a portion of the screen show the pokemon and health bar, you have a tab to choose the attacks, choose to switch out, and a tab to chat to the person your battling. All of the stats of what is going on is shown on the right and it uses percents out of 100 to make it easy to understand. A move might do 70% when the pokemon has a full 100% so now they are down to 30% left. However the pokemon's actual health stat still is in there they just made it easier to understand how much damage you did.

I play in the Smogon server since that is where everyone is so if you get this join there and maybe we can play sometime.

2. creeping_death

creeping_death Level I

looks interesting.. i may have to check it out:)

3. wardeworth

wardeworth Newbie

I play Shoddy Battle,I appreciate that you are trying to be helpful. Shoddy Battle is the most popular pokemon simulator, a program that allows us to play pokemon matches with other people over the internet. We are affiliated with Smogon and have a forum there for discussion of the program.Shoddy Battle is free and open source software and is developed in public source code repositories by several volunteers

4. gushers

gushers Newbie

I play shoddy battles and so do a bunch of my friends. OU is fun, a lot of teams you face are extremely similar, though. I use a gyarados set that includes dd/waterfall/stone edge/ attract. Sometimes I get 6 dds up from them being immobilized by my love :)

5. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

I've been meaning to play Shoddy for a while. I started just a few days ago, have my monotype Psychic team, my pretty standard OU team, and a baton pass team. Need to make wayyyy more.

6. Meepit

Meepit Level I

I play it sometimes i have to admit that i do quite enjoy it :D
    I have a few different teams and it's always a pretty fair fight which is fun :)

7. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

I tried to play it once, too complicated for my simple mind

8. thedup

thedup Level IV

I have a friend that played pokemon competitively, just doesn't seem like my thing, using specific pokemon because they're better. might check it out for fun though