1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i upgrade my desktop graphic card

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by yoyobee, Apr 23, 2013.

1. yoyobee

yoyobee Level II

i was wondering whether i should upgrade my grahpic card NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    it can play games of course but i am unable to run on high resolution games like crysis 3 , sim city 5, DMC ,TERA and many more , even if it does it lags

why i haven't upgrade it , i dont know much about my computer and my computer is a little small i mean the PC not the screen itself =/ i also dk how to build it it but I THINK ICAN TRY IF IT IS ABLE TO PUT INSIDE ;<

the main concern here is that would be harm my computer? what if it doesn't work would everything boom? what happens in the long run and such ..ahh~ [justify]=/[/justify]

2. JRL511

JRL511 Newbie

What is the ram on your pc? some time that effects the performance a lot.

3. yoyobee

yoyobee Level II

ram is like 8gb i think i dont think ram is the problem =) its definitely graphics

4. staticbravery

staticbravery Level I

Update it. I don't know much about computers but I had a friend update mine and everything seemed to be so much better. Just ask around on a different site where someone might know more.

5. yoyobee

yoyobee Level II

k thx for all replies =) , 'll see about that hehs

EDIT: how do i locked this forum? i want to close it ...~_~

6. aujourdhui

aujourdhui Newbie

What's your processor, motherboard, how many cores do you have, speed etc? Not all processors/motherboards are compatible with each other. Also, your processor might also be underpowered for these games. You might want to check a hardware forum like Tom's Hardware :)

7. Atomic_Goose19

Atomic_Goose19 Level I

If you have the chance you should always upgrade everything lol, the newer the better generally :/ :D

8. winston_tiu

winston_tiu Newbie

It depends really on what you want to do, if you want to play does high res games then go for it, else just stick with the old one that is working for you.

9. otaviosonda

otaviosonda Newbie

your graphics card is not that old, you can play some nice graphics game on that.
    Sometimes is your Processor that is slowing you desktop like that:
    is graphics card send to much information to CPU and vice-versa, when the cpu can't handle that in combo with your mem, you will have slow downs.
    Of course, maybe its just your graphics card but, i strongly recommend that with you wanna to upgrade it using an "old" processor, maybe you will have slow downs.

I use a Athlon II X4 with a HD5650 and i play games like DMC, Deadpool, GRID2, played Crysis with almost highest settings (only leave shadow on medium or low) and it handle it.

And as other users here said, if you wanna play with highres, its time to change it.
    The price will depends, but there is de low-card for the low-prices, the high-cards and the mid-cards.