1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone just dropped a kitten in your yard. What do you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Blitzkrieg, May 25, 2010.

?

What would YOU do?

1. Place it in one of your neighbour's yard.

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Abandon it in the woods.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Kill it.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Level II

Yeah.. Let's imagine you only had those 3 options.

Basically, it's 11pm and I hear little mews out of my window just to find out there's a 3 weeks old kitten there scared the hell out of him. My yard has fences all around, so someone HAD to put it there intentionally.

I can't keep the kitten because I already have too many adopted animals for my own good (Probably the reason why they have choosen us). Also I don't know anyone seeking a pet. Plus, our vet centers aren't really accepting anymore strays.

/rant
    /vent
    /headbang

2. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

That sucks..poor little cat..I would suggest trying local buy & sell sites, like kijiji {I don't know if it's a Canadian thing} and just put an ad up for adoption. People would adopt pets all the time. I'd say send it over to Mooie but that honestly won't work cuz i'm in Canada haha.

3. Heather

Heather Level IV

At three weeks old it won't have a good chance of surviving on its own without a LOT of care... sucks that you already have too many animals but I don't think I'd have the heart to just abandon it :(

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Level II

Awh, well too bad I live all the way back in Europe!

But no, people here hardly ever adopt strays, because there are a LOT of them, and as time passes, more and more exist since they keep procreating D: Or so it looks like..

I've gave him kitten fewds and cat milk and he's satisfied for the night, he's staying outside (it's warm weather) and I'll figure it out tomorow :c Hopefully. I also have a too soften of a heart to do any of the 3 above to be honest xD I'll probably end up going door by door asking if people want to adopt a kitten ~_~

5. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    MY dog would be playing with it already...

And she plays rough with me.... so not sure what chance the kitty would have.

6. Freja

Freja Level IV

DON'T ABANDON OR KILL :( put up an ad/post in a supermarket or something, people have to adopt a little kitten. I know I would've :(

7. Coldness

Coldness Level IV

I wouldn't choose among those cause that's not cool to kill a kitty and abandon it in the woods are just scary.
    And putting it in your neighbours yard is kinda giving your problems to someone else which i also don't like

so erm I'd try to sell it then or put an ad somewhere to get a free kitten. I reckon loads of kids would want a kitten :D

8. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Yea try to sell it! Surely someone wants a kitty...

Or, give it away to ensure it goes. I guess you could advertise it for money, that way you know the person who gets it ACTUALLY wanted one.. and wasn't just taking freebies. I like freebies... so I assume most people do :p

9. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Level II

Thing is, the fault ISNT mine to begin with! Someone *else* dropped the kitten on me, not like I had the option to accept or decline.

And like I mentioned, at least in my country/zone, it's extremelly unlikely to find someone to adopt a stray. :(

10. Freja

Freja Level IV

awwwwwwwww, but it's just so sad leaving the little kitten. Can you send it by mail to Denmark? :3 I'd love to adopt :'D

(If I HAD to choose, I'd probably put it in another neighbors yard. But the problem will just continue from there D: but noooooo woods :( )

11. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

*looks at sig*

vvvvvvvvvv​

12. Tally

Tally Level III

First of, LOL at above post. ^ For both siggy and the Avvie.

Second, I would dress it up like a baby, put it in a clear box ( with holes in it), put a sign saying "Up for Adoption" on the box, and put the box in a crowded mall.

EDIT: Awww he changed the sig :nope: Avvie's still funny tho.

13. Megs

Megs Level III

shave off its skin and make a coat.

14. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

:( send it to me.

15. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

I agree with all of the people who said "put up an ad for adoption"

I'm sure a couple of strategically placed fliers wouldn't take long to put up and would get a response pretty quickly. I also don't know if there are places that you can take abandoned animals (read: cats) so they can be put up for adoption?

16. tiati400

tiati400 Level II

I bet that you will fall in love with it.
    + will keep it. n_n
    Meow.

Anyway, here they have 'Cat Shelters' for situations like this.
    I'm not sure if they have any where you live, but you can just drop the kitty in and they will find him/her a new home.
    Good luck!

17. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Level II

You guys have no idea xD Strays are sort of a pest here, it's actually really hard to get someone to adopt one.

Anyhow, before I went to sleep, I arranged him a little plastic box with a blanket and food/drink for him to sleep at in my yard. Seems like whoever put him there, came pick it up at the middle of the night again, probably figured we wouldn't keep it. How rude of them to drop their problems at someone else in the first place however, huh?

18. jadester

jadester Level I

I would say out of those choices i would put it in the neighbors yard and hope they did the right thing by either keeping it or calling the pound. Unlike my grandfather who would put kittens in a bag and throw them in the rain water bin to drown as his granddaughters watched in horror.

19. Saviorsephirot

Saviorsephirot Level I

I would take care of him until I find someone else to adopt him.

20. Japs

Japs Newbie

I would try to keep it somehow..so smal kittens are so damn freaking cute, there is no way to give them away :<