1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super shop wizard?

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by xingz, Aug 8, 2009.

1. xingz

xingz Level II

I think it would nice if we have a super shop wizard, which allows you to find the absolute lowest price available at user shops, so no need to refresh several times

2. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

SSW is very limited in the number of searches you can make

3. piggybepink

piggybepink Level II

SSW program. Not a bad idea, but wouldn't you get caught easily or something if we use such a program?

4. Aaron

Aaron Level II

Yeah, we probably would. Non premium using premium programs is easy ice..

5. Synidaeum

Synidaeum Level I

Well, it's not that much like a premium program. He's suggesting a program is developed that you can type the info into and have it go and refresh a few times to cycle through all the possible prices, and then give you the lowest price shop link or a list of shops/prices.

The only place it would get hung up is on items with identical names (map pieces), but I know there are ways around that.

I'm no coder, but I think it would be totally possible, and aside from the program probably using a different cookie for login, it wouldn't look too suspicious.

The reason I doubt it would look too suspicious is that I doubt neopets is scanning for anything/anyone refreshing the normal SW to find the lowest price. That's par for the course if you're not a premium subscriber.

6. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

Well he said without refreshing a bunch of times so I'm guessing he was suggesting that someone buy premium so that we can all use the SSW. Only problem is...SSW only let's you make about 20 searches every hours. :S

Otherwise it would just be an autopricer.

7. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Well, an auto-pricer that searches shop wizard a set number of times (let's say 3) to get the lowest price and pricing it 1np lower.
    AU has that

8. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I think he was suggesting to have a SSw on the site for everyone to use, like the shop wizard we have now, but with SSW.

That aside, I think a "pseudo" SSw program would be neat- one that searches the SW multiple times and gives the overall lowest prices. It could make sure that it's searched the entire market by logging the usernames, and making sure all the letters of the alphabet have been searched. Would require a minimum of 13 searches, and probably realistically would take about 20-40 searches to get all the usernames, so it'd be pretty easy to be SW banned. Unless it used multiple accounts (like 5 newbie shells?). Then wouldn't it even be possible to have for the site? Though TBH the amount of work and the cons outweigh the pros.