1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Spank or Not to Spank

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by peanutpunk, Oct 28, 2007.

?

How do you feel about Spanking kids?

1. pro

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. against

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

i personally think we should spank our kids more often, it's a shame when i go into a store and a little monster is tearing it up and then the parent tries to discipline him, but stupid people call the damn cops. WTH
    it's none of their bussiness how a parent chooses to show their kid right from wrong... if time outs and groundings work for you then woopty doo for you, but my kids are gonna learn the way i did... with the palm of my hand.

2. Virre

Virre Level IV

Beating someone is not acceptable, with the exception of self-defense.
    I think spanking your kids is an antiquated view of the bringing up of children.
    So what if kids are screaming in the store? They're just kids.

3. derrick

derrick Level III

no...its wrong...its abuse...its lik saying a kid is an object thats yours so you can hit him...i am VERY aginst child abuse!

4. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

i think kids learn more when u spank them if you say something they take control and wont listen

5. lacker12

lacker12 Level I

Yea, they totally bug in the movies, ecetera. I hate having to be distracted at the movies!

6. derrick

derrick Level III

im aginst it...i just think you should ground them.

7. lacker12

lacker12 Level I

That doesn't work for anyone i know!

8. klae17

klae17 Level III

Totally spank them. They need to learn to shut up.

9. bunnah

bunnah Level III

spanking for sure.... the best way to learn... otherwise they can grow up to have no respect for their parents or anyone else. im not saying everyone turns out this way but alot of people that did, couldve been prevented... grounding only works the first 2 or 3 times... they it just means nothing...

10. cardenal

cardenal Level III

I'm totally pro. I think it teaches kids discipline. I mean, you're not gonna do anything wrong [as often] if you know you're gonna get smacked for it

I don't think it's about shutting them up. they need to learn to express themselves and stand up for their rights. you don't want them to just sit back and take whatever comes to them. but they need to learn that their actions have consequences

11. noncheatercheater

I think it depends on the parent and the kid.

Not the personality of the parent, but the size of the parent.

Let's say your dad/mom is 6 foot tall and 300 pounds.

You're being an ass head of a kid.

You now have a 6 foot tall 300 pound monster slapping your butt. He's not beating the crap out of you, nor is he really hurting you that much, but to a little kid, he's being a giant bully.

Now, let's say you're a 5 foot tall 120 mom/dad..

Same scenario..

It's not so much bullying, their ego is bruised, yes, but it's less likely that they will see you as a giant monster.

Bullying is a BIG BIG BIG BIG problem when it comes to parents. My dad did that cake to me, and I hate him for it.. well, up until I proved him I can kick his ass ;)

but like I said, it really really really depends on the size of the adult and the size of the person and of course what's going on and crap..

some people will spank their kids for petty to no reason, it's sad..

12. Virre

Virre Level IV

Spanking hasn't been legal in my country for many years, and it works perfectly for us.
    I think spanking is just taking the easy way. Try to use patience and communication, it's not hard to raise a kid to be a good person without spanking.

13. klae17

klae17 Level III

Spanking isn't just the easy way, it works.

Grounding is passive and ineffective.

A combination would be best.

14. noncheatercheater

That actually brings up a good point.. not the patience and communication, but the "in my country" statement.

I really think kids in the US are the brattiest, but thats just my opinion..

It really reflects badly on us..

15. klae17

klae17 Level III

they really are. They even have a toy called brats.

16. cardenal

cardenal Level III

My father is over 6 foot and weighs 300 pounds... he used to spank me, until I was about 12. I don't see him as a monster for that.

and I think some kids just don't listen when their parents are trying to communicate. I also don't think that everything deserves a spanking. but sometimes they need to feel the physical consequences.
    but thats just my opinion.

I wasn't bullied by father. he did some things to me that I wouldn't do to my kids under pain of death, but I would spank my kids if I felt they deserved it.

17. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

so...your basically hitting your kids...im aginst!!!

18. cardenal

cardenal Level III

There is a difference between hitting your kids and giving them a spanking. I would never hit my child with a closed fist, and I would never hit hard enough to, say, cause bruising. I would never hit my child anywhere else other than maybe a soft smack on the arm, or on the usual place you would spank a kid o_O

19. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

it wasn't hard back in the day when parents spanked their kids and when corporal punishment was allowed in schools. Just compare the crime rates from back then to now... it all goes back to nurture. And it's not beating your kid, its Disciplining them!!!

20. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

s
    so your still basically hitting him...and the point.....you want it to hurt them because they did something wrond...im still agints and i think it should be illigual.