1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What language should I learn?

Discussion in 'Code Snippets and Tutorials' started by Drumstick, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

I just want to write a script to do my dailies or something, since I always forget to do them. Maybe eventually I'll learn more (probably by taking CS in school), but I want to do something now. I've been telling myself to learn a language for the past year. Finally going to do it xD

2. Stop

Stop Level IV

Learn Java, or PHP something simple, if you don't already know html, learn that first

3. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

Definitely go with PHP if that's what you want to do. It's easy to learn and you can do pretty much anything with it.

4. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

So is PHP the most useful simple language?

5. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

I mean, I'm sure it depends who you ask and also it depends on what you're trying to create, but I would say yes, simply put PHP is the simplest most useful language I can think of.

What can't it do? There are PHP autobuyers, PHP MMO's, PHP everythings! Pretty much if you can conceive it you can script it. At least that's how PHP always seemed to me.

6. dk8932

dk8932 Level I

I agree with arcrutus :) My brother is actually doing work in these lines although difficult for him, I'm sure in the end it'lll all pay off :)

7. Disruptive

Disruptive Level I

I'm learning Python at the moment in college. It's turning out to be quite powerful =)

8. kartlonbaugh

kartlonbaugh Newbie

I think Java is the best choice for you. Because it have a same fundamental to the c++ and also both are the object oriented programming language. Java is one of the popular language in a market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.