1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What programs do you use?

Discussion in 'Code Snippets and Tutorials' started by staticbravery, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staticbravery

staticbravery Level I

I just started going to college for Object Oriented Programming, and was wondering what types of programs you guys use. So far we've done (mostly educational/learning) work in Alice, Scratch, Raptor, and ArgoUML. What programs do you recommend that are fun to play around with or are easy to learn from? Or what do you use for your personal/professional work? Any information is great, just trying to learn some things. Thanks!

2. Kaden

Kaden Level I

My main tool that i use is either notepad++ or NetBeans (Because my main language is Java).

What language do you want to get into?

3. staticbravery

staticbravery Level I

In the current class I'm taking (just an intro course) we're using Java. And I think my Professor said that is all we will be doing this semester.

4. Kaden

Kaden Level I

In my opinion, Java is one of the better languages to learn.
    If i could magically learn any other language to the point of what i know about java, i would chose C++.

they are very similar languages.

its personal preference to what language you chose in the end. just make sure you find it easy to understand =)

5. Heya

Heya Level III

Eclipse is the program i use for Java/C++.
    I use Notepad++ for gm scripts though, aka javascript.

I support the learning of java or c++, they are both very good and powerful languages :) C++ is more useful though in most things...

iphone/itouch/ipad apps are written in C++, so are Playstation 1/2 games, and i assume 3 too. Java is good though cause it can be executed on webpages (applets) along with the stand alone program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.