1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yao Ming - Out for Season!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lightning, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Bleh, even being Chinese, I have to admit, people from China aren't as athletically as strong as the USA. Like, my parents moved from China to here so I could have a better life, and I can tell from my cousins, there's a big difference here in the USA than China. The nutrition, air, are all better here.

Here's proof: Yao Ming. You can tell the athleticism is not there...

-http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-07/18/content_11729583.htm

That ^ really sucks for the rockets...comment whatevs :p

2. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

Yeah, seriously sucks for the Rockets. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery with the surgery like Ilgauskas. It's been a pretty interesting offseason for the NBA.

3. linkin45

linkin45 Level I

yao is pretty "weak". i think its mainly cause of his height, though. His weight puts stress on his feet and makes them more prone to injury. he's also a center, which means he gets a lot of contact.

4. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I know, but the thing is, he's tall, but not very big in size. In the NBA, a lot of the centers are both tall and powerful...

5. novastar

novastar Level I

Seriously, Yao has been out of the NBA for some time now. He's always injured, and with rising swimming stars from the world swimming championships in Rome, he's no longer much of a Chinese icon now..

6. crimson

crimson Level I

Rockets can forget about this upcoming season without yao, and no more artest either.

7. greightone

greightone Level II

Being from Houston I keep up with most of the professional sports from here. The city is nuts for Yao and even through the injuries he always seemed to show good sportsmanship and teamwork. We had a rough playoff season last year losing two of our best players. And now with Ron Artest gone and yao hurting we will be in for another tough year.

8. CrC

CrC Level II

He got injured in the playoffs... and being that size... It seems like there is always problems with your legs. Basketball also puts a lot of pressure on them as well... So I can understand how this happens.

9. Wazup84

Wazup84 Level I

Even if he could somehow recover soon (in which people have est. about 1-2 years), his team is screwed. A giant like himself belongs on a better team.

Lakers baby=)

10. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol, don't Lakers already have Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom? That's enough bigs, right? I mean, Yao Ming does cost a lot, and plus, Kobe + Yao = $$$

11. Wazup84

Wazup84 Level I

No lol, I meant my team was Lakers...hehe
    Yao is good, but never would I want him with Lakers.

Plus we have Artest now so FTW!

12. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol, I can't read sarcasm o_O :p

Oh, yeah, the Lakers released Ariza for Artest...Ariza was actually pretty good, although Artest is a better deal.

Artest might be older though, so I don't know. Yeah, he's 30, but he's still got a few good years on him :D

13. loleno

loleno Level I

lol yao ming is my favourite player to watch! he'll be a big loss for the rockets

14. Quadratic

Quadratic Level II

I could care less about the Rockets. Yao Ming is way overrated. I don't know much about the chinese. I agree our air quality is probably a little better considering the enormous chinese population, but nutrition? I thought chinese lived longer because of their diet?