1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ipods

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Billy, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xamberx101

xamberx101 Level I

Here's a pic of the way too small nano

[​IMG]

2. fail

fail Level IV

wow, thats really small! m sister has one of those skinny ipods, its black. (i dont know what brand)

3. noncheatercheater

lol maybe it's me but that picture looks fake :-/

but if it's not, they should come out with iScope, a pair of glasses you wear that makes the screen really.. really big

4. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I actually think it's really big. The ipod itself, I mean. I'd rather have my regular nano.:)

5. fivedrinksin

fivedrinksin Level III

haha... yeah, the ipod itself is pretty big considering the fact that they're calling it a nano. but for watching videos and stuff, that screen is tiny. i'm happy with my video ipod. i can actually see the screen without straining my eyes. =D

that picture does look pretty fake. it's the real thing, though - check 'em all out on apple.com.

6. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Hahaha sooo true.
    I'm perfectly content with my cell phone and I'm perfectly content with my iPod video, so Apple can suck it on this one. They're so jumping at opportunities to make even more money.

You can't fool me, Apple! :)

7. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Airbrushed. Kinda sad when it comes to the day that we're airbrushing ipods to make 'em look pretty.

8. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

What isn't airbrushed these days...

9. rarehunternick

rarehunternick Level II

personally, I think that apple is just releasing this product just to make up for the blunders for the blunders of the iphone. So, thats why i'm not getting an iPhone...maybe not until the 3rd version anyways.

10. glitch245

glitch245 Level II

Im not really sure how many blunders they made on the iphone though. It did take them a while to produce it. I haven't heard too much myself with problems. Main reason i won't get one is that i barely use a phone, i would much rather talk to my friends in person.

11. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

There's a few things on it that could use improvement. Safari shuts down a lot randomly. You can't take videos on it. You can't like, download ringtones, or really use your iTunes songs to do it. You can use like ONE song and make it the ringtone for everyone, but I don't think you can really set up one song per person like you can with ringtones you know?

Also, if you're going OUT of the cingular/at&t area, make sure you shut the email feature off or the roaming bill is gonna be INSANE. I read a newspaper article on it, the email feature constantly is checking to see if you have new emails or whatever, and if you don't deactivate it when you're out of the at&t area, it'll add up as roaming charges, one guy had like 3000 dollars in charges!!

12. Virre

Virre Level IV

Just thought I'd sum up the problems and some of the solutions regarding the iPhone but instead of pretending like I know them, I'll just post this link for problems.
    And this link is for a hack (?) to make your own ringtones for your iPhone.
    This link explains that you don't actually need to hack your iPhone to add custom ringtones.
    And then there's a bunch of links that I'm not sure that I'm allowed post, regarding unlocking your iPhone from At&T and some other stuff, since it's unclear if the hacks are illegal or not.

13. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Hmph well I simply posted the problems you face when you're not hacking your own cell phone on a daily basis, that's all.

14. Virre

Virre Level IV

By the way, how much does the iPhone cost?
    I remember hearing something about apple lowering the price.
    I might just skip the iPod touch and get an iPhone instead, even though I live in Sweden. I have no need for the 3G support that most likely will come with the European version. ^^

15. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Well, I believe they just reduced the price by 200 dollars... What that comes to after that reduction, I'm not sure exactly. My friend paid 800 total, for the phone and his cell phone plan (unlimited data usage)...

So maybe 500-600 dollars then?

16. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

iPhone will drop dramatically. i was thinking of buying them in bulk and reselling them, but was afraid if i resold them too slow, id end up losing money :D

17. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

I totally read this idea somewhere else. Maybe it was actually on here, I was thinking about that-- You could probably make a lot of money off that, people haven't realized that the prices will continually go down.

Same with like, the Wii's and stuff.

18. Virre

Virre Level IV

Well if the press conference on tuesday, "Mum is no longer the word", is about starting to sell iPhones in Europe (Germany, France and England at least), and the new iPhones are 3G as many people think, prices on iPhones will drop really fast, since it won't be as profitable to sell iPhones on ebay to people in Europe (like many are doing right now), since we could just get the 3G (possibly also 16gb version) much easier, which also has more features.
    Also, the shipping would be cheaper for us ^^

edit: Changed the date.

19. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Yeah, I didn't even think about selling internationally. But yeah I can imagine a few many people made some good money selling iPhones across the ocean. Hm, but now you guys may be getting them? That'll definitely bring down prices if it's so widely available.

20. Hally

Hally Level IV

she_devil101: DARIA! I didn't know anyone else still remembered that show. I used to love it back in the day!

I really like the ipod touch. I thought apple would make one sooner, took them awhile to move into touch screens. I see one major flaw in it though. The MEMORY :O You can only buy up to 16 gig models. For something that you're buying for movie-watching primarily (or else you'd just buy a regular ipod, yes?), you need much more space than 16 gigs. Sure, the battery life is going to be longer since it's flash-based memory, but I can't even fit half of my music on the thing. When they make an 80 gig version, I'll be the first one there to buy it. At this point though, not going to happen =X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.