1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AB / SS without leaving your computer on?

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Kaito, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

would it be possible to create a .php SSer / ABer that can run without leaving your computer on? :O

i dont really know what i'm talking about though. hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say.

2. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

errmm...so the computer to run something without being on? That would have to be on a database or website of some sort...because a computer can't run a process w/o being on o_O

3. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

yepp! that was what i was referring to lol.

4. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

I was wondering about this too haha

5. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

will donate some $$ for it :D

6. odieboy

odieboy Level II

I think the site itself would take a lot of coding, since it would be working with a user database then proceed to operate on settings set by the user through HTML forms (for the list of items, time etc.)

It would be a lot of work I think. Like making a super AU program on PHP. o_O

Still, it would be hard getting the team of programmers to work on that right now since I think they're still set on AU.

7. Heya

Heya Level III

this is doable, but you need a remote server or your own server (computer) to do this... both of which are quick expensive...

You can not write a php site and have it run without the computer on, you just don't have that kind of control over the server from a web host.

Best if you just build a computer to run stuff like the au on... can do so for only $300 bucks if you wana build your own. and earn that back if you get 100 mil XD

8. itunes

itunes Level II

You can run it on a VPS (i think thats what you're talking about).

Burst.net has some cheap VPSes which you may want to consider. (Linux is cheaper than windows)