1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion: Share your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by upriser, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Jamie

Jamie Level I

Its quite a controversial issue. But the way I see it is that you can have an abortion. After all, its your body and your choice. Maybe you are too young or not capable of being a good parent. Adoption is okay, but that still causes some issues with the child later in life.

It also depends on your view as to when life starts, whether its from the moment the egg is fertilized or from the moment they come out of the mother, or anywhere in between I guess.

I'm all for safe abortion honestly. And its probably going to become more and more popular with the massive rise in teen pregnancy as of late. D:

2. antpi1e

antpi1e Level II

I think people should be forced to donate fetus's into stem cell research...

yet the gov. makes it illegal...

oh yeah the overpop problem...stem cells prob available on the underground for rich folks

3. Lily

Lily Level I

I believe in first trimester abortion. The world does not need more unwanted children.

4. Enth End

Enth End Newbie

I agree with abortion. I think is wrong that a bunch of old men in the government are telling women what they can, or can't do with their bodies.

5. HerbalSoup

HerbalSoup Newbie

I think that it should be the choice of the women. The Earth is full of way too many foster children and children without parents and homes and it would be nice for there to be less of that. Also, if you know that your child is going to have a severe disability, you can prevent them from having a really difficult life.

6. Scorpius

Scorpius Level I

No it's not a murder.
    I don't understand those who think it is. What's the mens masturbation in that case? What, like.. massacre?

7. imperialdarknes

imperialdarknes Level III

whether or not its illegal shouldnt be determined by the federal gov, power needs to be decentralized

8. dawgi100

dawgi100 Level I

Abortion before birth is okay. WHY? A fetus has not had their external stimuli exposed to the outside world. This type of stimuli exposure is necessary per-requisite to determine consciousness and personhood.

9. briannatardiff

briannatardiff Level I

everyone should have their own choice on if they want to bring a life into this world. I think that there should be an age limit to have children of you own tho. at least 18 ! even that is pretty low.

10. Kiara.beertje

Kiara.beertje Newbie

I'm Not entirely against abortion, but I don't agree with it either.
    if the baby would kill you, if you where raped, the child has no chance at living a good live because of disabilities, etc, I would agree and won't be harsh about it.

If you really don't want a child use protection, if you didn't and you get pregnant it's all your own fault.
    You should have kept your legs closed, and continue the fun when you do have protection
    It's your own body so if you get it aborted, it's entirely your choice, fine with me, but please don't bother me with it because I won't be nice about it.

If you did use protection and still got pregnant i don't see why you shouldn't get an abortion, you took all precautions but it sometimes doesn't work.

At the end it's always your own choice, it's your body so you have the right to decide.

11. ekleut

ekleut Level I

So think about this then. Say you're a young woman, and you were at a party one time. You had a little bit too much to drink. You're having fun, and there is this one guy that you are getting along with. He then leads you somewhere away from people, and you don't realize it due to the amount of alcohol in your system. Then he starts going all over you, and you try to get him to stop, but he won't. He's much bigger than you, and you can't seem to get him to stop. You try hitting him, but he just keeps going. You're screaming at him to stop, screaming for help, but nothing saves you.

A few weeks later you find out you're pregnant. You're young, too young to have a baby. It would ruin your life. Maybe you're in high school, kids would bully you because of it, call you a slut. Maybe you don't have enough money to raise a healthy and happy baby, having all it's needs met. Maybe it's just not time, and it wasn't your fault. Having this baby would ruin your life, and draw out the horrible experience to many measures, rather than getting professional help and trying to move past it.

Do you think it should still be illegal? Should those women be punished for something that they had no control over?

12. luisjor

luisjor Level I

I think abortion is ok, but not as "lets have seeeeex, we can abort"

13. Icarus

Icarus Level II

If a woman gets raped she should be allowed to get rid of the child.
    Just saying.

14. brandon2495

brandon2495 Newbie

Actually, you would be surprised how little things like this happen. That just sort of assumes that the woman is completely okay with the psychological effects that come with that sort of thing, and so view it as a 'get out of jail free' card. That would be contraception measures, not abortion. Even if you stand in full favour of abortion, such as myself, most people do not really consider how emotionally distressing it is to undergo one.

15. lld36

lld36 Level I

I am not sure what I would do if I was in the position to have to consider abortion. I do however think that it should NOT be a decision the government gets to make for me. I fully think that it is MY body and MY choice no matter what. The government already makes way to may decisions for people as it is.

16. nichjg

nichjg Newbie

I'm pro choice! I personally wouldnt have one if i were female and were able to get prego but definitely dont see a problem if people get an abortion early enough

17. winston_tiu

winston_tiu Newbie

It's a matter of priorities, I'm against it but who am I to judge those that do it for their own reasons.

18. nightmare_void

Abortions are acts of violence that should only ever be considered after all other options are exhausted. These include adoption and other means of healthcare that cure the mother without directly harming the child. I acknowledge that there are many exceptional cases, but I would like to promote alternatives to abortion before all else.

19. leadlungs

leadlungs Newbie

I personally don't understand how it's fair to tell a woman she doesn't have control of what's going on in her body. I hate to say this, but I don't feel the child is really a ~child~ until it's born. I think women have full rights to have an abortion if they feel they're not ready to have said child. It's not fair to the mother, or the baby for that matter. It's such a touchy subject though. Even when it comes to rape victims it's still viewed as a ~bad~ thing to have an abortion. I think people need to grow up and realize that abortion is, in some cases, the best option for the mother/child. Especially in rape situations.

I honestly think 14 year old girls having kids is way more awful than abortion.

20. Platypus

Platypus Level I

I think abortion should be up to the mother. If they feel its necessary then let them do it.