1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blake916, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makotaru

makotaru Level I

that's fine. I was just probing you into giving a little more detail to see where you stood. :)

2. AmyNR

AmyNR Level I

I just think people need to start recognizing the rights of even the youngest of humans.

3. makotaru

makotaru Level I

I personally don't think a fetus should have any rights. But that's just me.

4. AmyNR

AmyNR Level I

I think if it is a HUMAN fetus it should be protected and given rights. Some women take the "no rights" for fetuses thing way too far. What do you think of a mother who drinks throughout her entire pregnancy? Whoops, child has FAS now. But it's okay, it was all legal since the fetus had no rights. Now the child has to live with a disease.

5. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

A fetus is a parasite, living off of the mother - not human, not a baby. Not yet, anyway. An unwanted baby will not be taken care of my the mother, and FAS is one of many things that could happen to the fetus. Isn't an abortion a better answer to the situation of an unwanted child rather than FAS, malnutrition, or a more serious drug addiction?

6. AmyNR

AmyNR Level I

See this is where it gets all a bit fuzzy for me. Which is one of the reasons why it should be legal, because my view point is so different on the circumstance in which the the mother is in.

7. Sinful

Sinful Level I

Uggg, well if a women is raped or if the pregnancy would put her health at risk or if it would do more harm to a child through suffering/drug addiction/booze then yes.

I dont get how some irresponsible fool who made a conscience choice to have unprotected sex should get to decide the fate of an unborn. If through your greed of need you get pregnant too damn bad, suck it up and do the right thing. Even if they dont want to raise a child there are adoption centers and thousands of loving people who would give that child a wonderful home.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well people should protect themselves but Im pro choice.

9. hungkungphooie

hungkungphooie Level I

I'm against it. Imagine if you so happened to have been the baby to be aborted, you wouldn't be able to, you'd be dead. Or what if you found out your parents actually were debating about aborting you, then how would you feel about it? Idk, I just don't think it's cool. That whole being raped thing and all is a different story for another time, but if your getting an abortion because your having sex but wind up getting pregnant, well its your fault and responsibility to care for that child. Idk though

10. loli

loli Newbie

it should'nt be allowed because a little child doesn't have fault of what 2 irresponsible persons did. i do believe in god and he hates crime. and that's a crime

11. chillin

chillin Level II

I am also pro choice but i belive the mom and dad should both have to agree not just the mother.

12. purple315

purple315 Level III

I think you should be limited to one abortion in your life time. ( for women )

13. synthetic

synthetic Level III

hard topic.. too hard.
    one side of me says that its not the right thing to do, but if I was in that situation I'm not sure if I'd be able to stay with that opinion.

14. iggypop

iggypop Level I

i have a question...how do you think the majority of people get unwanted pregnancies?
    -taking birth control pills wrongly (is that a word??
    -condom breaking
    -not using any protection
    -rape
    -other ways??

15. thedup

thedup Level IV

I'm against the concept of abortions, but more because I don't agree with what they stand for. I believe that sex has degraded to a point that it should never have come to, with people thinking that one night stands are perfectly acceptable. I'm only 19, so don't think that I'm some old guy saying that things were better back in the day. I'm just saying that in my perfect world there would be no abortions because there would be no unwanted children. Sure, sometimes couples have accidents, and they're not ready for it, but more often than not it could have been easily prevented and those people should have to at least carry the baby to term before they remove the burden from their lives
    I'm not religious, for the record, I just don't really like the idea of killing children that came about because people were being irresponsible. It's not the babies fault

and that is my stance. Sorry if I was a bit intense

16. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Level I

I think abortion should always be allowed, obviously people should be more careful but if they're not and they're really young or don't have the money to look after a baby, or just don't want one then they should be allowed an abortion imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.