1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by soccermadness90, Oct 21, 2007.

1. banana

banana Newbie

Plus, I think people are forgetting an important fact. The mother has to carry the baby around for NINE MONTHS, which also comes with morning sickness and all the other stuff.

So if you ban abortion, women who DON'T want to go through all that, and SHOULDN'T have to, are then forced to endure nine months of that.

Which seems more unfair than killing off a little thing of cells.

2. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

If the woman wants to have an abortion then let her. Who are you to choose what a person can do with their body or not. The woman made her own choice to have the abortion she knows the consequences.

3. christinemarie

christinemarie Level II

i am absolutely pro-choice. i think that if a fetus cannot survive outside of the mother's womb, then it isn't really 'alive' so to speak. it's just a parasite.
    as for the people saying that the baby could just be put up for adoption, that is ridiculous. pregnancy isn't all great and happy and perfect like the media tries to portray, it can be downright torturous for a woman, physically and mentally.
    what it comes down to is choice, if a woman wants an abortion - fine, do it. if she doesn't, she think it's wrong - don't get one and don't try to impose your personal beliefs on other people.

4. Naff

Naff Level II

After a certain age, I definitely thing it is wrong.
    But I think by all means, if that /baby/ isnt really developed yet...abort it.

5. ali913xx

ali913xx Level III

I agree. I'll admit that I have no knowledge of when a fetus becomes a life or whatnot, but I think it's sickening that girls go out and have all the sex they want, and use an abortion to clean up after their own lack of responsibility.

6. christinemarie

christinemarie Level II

that assumption is pretty disgusting, i think.

7. Digitype

Digitype Level I

no im all for it as long as the baby cant feel it. Theres too many people in the world anyways.

8. juvenile

juvenile Level II

honestly, i don't really care if you want to have an abortion or not, go ahead. it doesn't affect my life.
    but for those who are all 'OMG NO WAYZ ABORTIONS ARE CRUEL' have you ever thought about a young teen who may have been raped?
    or what about if there are severe complications that by having the baby could kill the mother, or even the baby come out deformed?
    i think abortion is fine as long as you don't overdo it.
    overdo it as in constantly getting pregnant and aborting the babies, now THATS cruel.

9. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

I think it should be a woman's choice. It's her body, her life, her decision. I was never against an abortions. I was rather against getting pregnant "on accident" that forces women to abort. I simply do not get how can you get pregnant on accident. You're either protected or not. If you do not use any contraception methods, pregnancy is only expected.

10. neopetplayer

neopetplayer Level I

wel i mean if the baby is going to go into a family were he is going to be hated for his or her life because they dont want him/her or if his parents are well not suatable parental figures to take care of a child like if there drug addits then i think that getting an abortion be umm better then having a baby die because of abusement and stuff like that

11. Spit

Spit Level II

Actually a baby is live once it has a heartbeat.
    That is actually a couple months after being prego.

Im actually for abortion as long as its before anyone finds a heartbeat.
    If I ever got pregnant i wouldnt want to have the kid naturally or even get surgery.
    I dont plan on having kids at all.
    So abortion is pretty much the only thing for me if anything did happen.
    Who knows thoe. Mayb once i find out my views will change.

12. 777

777 Level I

I think it is wrong, but sometimes less wrong than putting a child in a position of a teenage mother or someone that can't afford to raise a child or simply doesn't want to.

They are for the best so I am for it.

13. Theangeltyreal

Quickfacts:
    1. A fetus does not have sentience until the third trimester, months after a fetus would have been aborted.
    2. Crime rates in abortion legal countries are lower then in "Pro-Life" countries.
    3. Millions of babies go without homes already, what is the need for more homeless/abused babies?
    List goes on:), just let the cells go!

14. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

Never in any case should a human being be killed before it has the chance to live. It's called murder for a reason, don't be a hero and have sex without condoms if you don't intend to procreate.

15. MissAshlee

MissAshlee Newbie

I think its a womans choice.

I love kids and plan on having some but if someone cant take care of a baby or dont want one they shouldnt be forced to give birth.

16. xProphet

xProphet Level III

Even if I do not understand why speak of these things, I believe that abortion is a disgusting phenomenon.
    As if to say, you wanted the bike? And now pedal! I do not know if you say so near you! :D :D

17. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I don't think it's right, but I think it's necessary. Without abortions, we'd get ourselves into a lot more problems than we'd solve.

18. krilas

krilas Level II

No. The fact that a person can be thinking of aborting the baby already proves that the person doesn't care about the baby. Rather than letting it be born into a world of suffering without the care of decent parents, why not spare it the misery straight away?

19. Sita Moon

Sita Moon Level I

I'm wishy-washy on this situation.

If a teenage girl, or any girl for that matter was raped and she could not care for the baby herself, I believe her/and her parents could say she can have one.
    Or, is the mother was in danger of dying or had severe complications.

But, if a woman decided to get drunk and sleep with a guy at the club, she should have the baby.
    It could teach her resonsibility.

20. incanmage

incanmage Newbie

Too many babies, so let's just kill them... Great argument.

We will never end poverty in our world simply by killing poor children. The poor mother who is encouraged to have an abortion today is just as poor tomorrow. Problems such as lack of job security, education, or abuse are not cured by ignoring their existence in a woman's life and turning to abortion as a way to make it all "go away."

The problem is lack of development -- not population. What women of the world desire are good basic health care for themselves and their families. In those countries where abortion is not legal, it is often because of strong cultural and religious beliefs that respect each new life. That respect needs to be backed up with wiser development plans not more dangerous and deadly abortion activity. In countries where there is not even the guarantee of clean running water, abortion will only become a death sentence for third world women and their babies.