1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you willing to learn how to program?

Discussion in 'Code Snippets and Tutorials' started by Zer0, Aug 29, 2009.

?

Would you be willing to learn how to program?

1. Yeah, because I'm amazing

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No, I'm just a leecher noob (jk)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Oh woops my bad, I totally forgot that you wrote one. I read over it and it seems like a really good intro. Perhaps you could expand it or include some links to resources so that they can learn some of the actual language (if-else, loops, threads, etc etc) then that would complete everything. I stickied it btw :D

Alright guys, I'll start on this project for Java...

2. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

Creating a guide with VB basics could be a good idea...
    I'm still in vacation right now so nothing is getting done (And I've got alot of program to fix/upgrade) but I'll try writing one.

3. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

Yay, I would love to learn some programming, I tried to learn how to write GM scripts but could make neither heads nor tails, I want to experiment with a couple things and being able to try them myself (edit: before obviously sharing them if they are any good ofc) would be wicked, your scale of 3-4 makes it seem easier than it feels :(

4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

For GM, you should probably learn Javascript first. It would make your life 1000x easier.

5. Valaris

Valaris Level I

I'm a computer programmer so i have very good experience in programming.

Ever played Bioshock?

I've made an exact replica of most of bioshocks monsters, except, im gonna make it into a patch so they have goofy hats on them :D except a Rosie will have a machete instead of a rivet gun

6. Virre

Virre Level IV

I want to change my vote, should have read the original post before I voted, haha.
    Yeah, I'd be interested in learning how to program. Not in order to create auto buyers or stuff like that, but to get a basic understanding of how programming works and maybe apply it to some other ideas I have which aren't neopets-related. :)

7. ilovevicky

ilovevicky Level II

Its the same for everyone we can all follow guides but its really about understanding it for me it just doesnt sink in :(

8. Similius

Similius Level II

Naw i'm just a leecher :) I have little interest in learning how to program. On top of that, i'm impatient..

9. Bobius

Bobius Level I

I learnt how to program in True Basic at school, and it was pretty underwhelming. I'd love to be able to make more useful things (ie. anything more powerful than displaying some text on a screen whilst doing some logic/calculations).

10. Meowmeow_

Meowmeow_ Level I

I would like to... but I think I'm too dumb and I have no past experience at all. Dx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.