1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AU: Some BIG Suggestions

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Lightning, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Not that this is credible at all, but wouldn't it be dreamy to have a set of ten or so refresher accounts that AU users could set on different shops; these refresher accounts would transmit RS alerts for the shops they're set on to AU chat which would transmit the alerts to all AU users.

/dreamy

I bet we could get this kind of thing going. 1-2 sec refresh rates! Without a list loaded it's a no freeze. Seriously, I did it before to log refresh intervals, 1 sec refresh rates in shop 58, and wasn't caught. Then I accidentally loaded a list the next time and was frozen in the blink of an eye -_-

BobaFett likes this.
  2. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

Brilliant idea Phee. I'd love to see something like that up and running for everybody...

:yup:

However, would it not look a bit odd, if TNT bothered to look into it, if you just happened to refresh and buy an item in a shop every time it restocked without having spent any time in said shop refreshing?

:|

3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    "However, would it not look a bit odd, if TNT bothered to look into it, if you just happened to refresh and buy an item in a shop every time it restocked without having spent any time in said shop refreshing?"

You'd still be setting your AU up normally to refresh in shops and buy :p Would just be like having the "use alerts" feature which it already has, however there would be spotter accounts in shops that you may not always use. Aslong as you mixed your own list up that would probably work...

4. Rena

Rena Level III

^ Nope, most of the time I'm not, because I'm doing other things at the computer. But I can see pop-ups informing me of what the programme is buying, and when it attempts to get something unprofitable I start tearing my hair out. ROFL. Although I'm think not many people have this problem xD

5. Heather

Heather Level IV

It just sounds like you need a better list ;) I'm lazy and have AU make most of mine :lol: But for the most part, I don't have that problem.

6. domini212

domini212 Level III

this would be awesome. Especially with the rs alerter in chat. we'll have newbie accounts under a proxies.. everyone in chat can cover one shop. we will never miss a restock again...LOL

7. synthetic

synthetic Level III

is it true you won't get frozen if your ABer just refreshes in a shop but doesn't buy anything?
    cause I swear I've tried that before and I got frozen? maybe I'm just imaging things

8. domini212

domini212 Level III

i wont think it matters cause they will be newbie accounts that just refreshes under a proxy

9. synthetic

synthetic Level III

fair enough, what are the chances these changes actually come into existence?

10. domini212

domini212 Level III

it is possible.. just saw one with this feature the other day(it doesnt have shared rs alerts like AU). it all depends if expon wants to program it. maybe he will when he's on another break. I know he discussed of somehow having bots to do this. So i think he would like this idea.

11. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I mean, I am always in touch in expon, and I usually suggest him things...it just depends, but I'm trying to convince him ;).

12. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

some nice suggestions.. keep posting them here ;) I don't think I'm gonna make AU a multi account aber though, and I probably won't have time to work on the next version until easter.

btw is the AU chat and restock sharing feature still nice and active? I haven't used AU for a few weeks :s

13. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

For some reason, expon, I can't get the chat sharing feature to work o_O -- epic fail XD. I clicked the check boxes and stuff under the Alerts, but I've never seen results. Maybe I'm blind but :)

How about the multi-list/procedure ;)?

14. domini212

domini212 Level III

How about a mulit account refresher? Under a proxy will send these alerts to chat.
    BTW the restock sharing is awesome. I love it.

15. Heather

Heather Level IV

Are your lists saved as JUST the shop ID number? That was my problem :lol:

16. domini212

domini212 Level III

You need to have the a file in your list folder. Example if you want to pick up clothing alerts you need a 4.txt in the folder. You need one for each shop you want a restock alert

17. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

It doesn't work for me in the same shop...it's weird o_O. It never said I had to do anything for the same shop :O

18. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Am trying out this concept now; looks good so far :p

[EDIT] Erm never mind; running multiple intances of AU on one computer was a fail. I'll try running the refresher account on a separate laptop.

19. Rena

Rena Level III

^ I've AU make mine too, but for some shops, unprofitable items are thrown in as well. Especially the weapon shops - Defence Magic for my case :X

20. domini212

domini212 Level III

I tried it, its ok I just need better proxies I run 2 refreshers on my desktop and my buyer on my laptop. Need to create more accounts though

Update
    I have been able to use multiple refreshers account by loading different au. its works pretty well. I only use one buyer and the rest as refreshers. And everyone benefits because its shares the alerts with everyone. I think all refreshers should be connected to chat if this features is added.