1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AU: Some BIG Suggestions

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Lightning, Feb 12, 2010.

1. saint

saint Newbie

Some of these suggestions are awesome but here are a couple comments and more suggestions.

Firstly (please correct me if I'm wrong) the "bot" accounts doing the refreshing can't be newbie accounts can they? I'm not sure if RS alert sharing just shares that there has been a rs or if it shares what that particular account has seen in the rs coz if that is the case then they'll need to be 4month bots??

I'm not sure if the multi-account ABing at the same time is needed especially considering you can run 2 AUs simultaniously on dif accounts anyway. However what would be nice is if you could program multiple accounts to AB one after the other. I.E start ABing on account y after the process is finished on account x. Also randomly select the shop IDs from a pre-defined list for each new process.

What would also be awesome is using AUs "List management" feature on demand. Say, load a list and then click the "manage" button so AU can check it against it's data before you start a process. And also have it auto arrange the position of the items on the list, so if something is cheaper it gets moved down the list? oooh, and manage the lists in the lists directory not just the "active" lists.

Another feature that would be great is an alerter to any events. Like if you receive a neomail or a trade offer or get sent an item. It would be great it AU could display incomming Neomails or manage trades. Even if it just alerts you to a trade offer to help sell those UBs even quicker :)

Maybe also a random selection between a few different "Wishlist" comments when sending to the TP so not every item says the exact same thing under wishlist? Especially if multi account support is added. (This is just a small idea) lol

May also be cool to add a snowager visitor at the correct times :)

2. Richy

Richy Level IV

It shares that there has been an RS.
    Newbie accounts would tip of others to the RS (my newbie account enabled buys that I couldn't see, but older accounts could!)
    The only problem would be in some of the ritzier shops, where the rarity 1-79 items (newbies see) stay there and don't get bought... in that case, only 80-99 are new items in the RS (newbies DON'T see) and the botting accounts wouldn't alert for the RS. Unless AU checks for quantities of items, which would be an indicator to how it can tell pharm RSed!

3. Rena

Rena Level III

^ That would be really risky, unless you use proxies D:

When I think I'm going to get restock-banned, I open another AU first, then allow both to run together until the first one gets banned. Or, I wait until a while after the first one gets banned. That way it doesn't look like one person switching accounts :D

^ That would take a long time, and it's going to be quite inaccurate as well. Every item has to be wizzed, and not only does the wiz not show accurate prices the first time round, prices fluctuate. As for unbuyables, the AU list-maker already does that (by rarity, though), so, for the most part, it's already quite prioritised with the list-maker :D

Aye to the neomail replier idea though! And the snowager visitor! ^^

4. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

just say you're abing in pharm, so you end up buying 2 or more herbal scrambled eggs say. you've set up au to stock and price them for you. all of this is very normal. then au prices one of the items, then prices then other one. wouldn't it seem more normal, because it is the same item, to only price it once? not too important, just a small suggestion

5. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

qft. As this is a "dream ideas" thread, I'd love if we could specify certain prices for certain items. In most shops, the autopricer works fine because no item has a set price, and you rarely get the same item twice. However, for certain items, especially pharm, pricing x% of the shop wiz, as you do with your other items, doesn't work as well because these items do generally have a "set" most profitable price. For example, I'd set Herbal Scrambled Eggs at 14500 and Med Soaps at 14900, and I'd put "set" prices for codestones, dubloons, scratchcards etc. as well. These items don't need to be priced at x% of wiz because they are in constant high demand and have generally stable prices that fluctuate very little on a daily basis.

[EDIT] Another dream idea. Updating JN's prices if they're more than, say, 20% off. Is more impossible than other ideas though, as you'd have to log into a JN account as well.

6. Robert

Robert Level II

I was told to bring my suggestion to this board. so i quoted it ...

7. Tally

Tally Level III

Here's another suggestion, AU should lower its' price a bit:p Make it affordable to more ppl, not too low that everyone could afford it though, might crowd up some shops.

8. Wings

Wings Level III

Personnally, i think AU should cost more than what it actually costs for what it is :\ but thats me...

9. Rena

Rena Level III

^ Hmm, what is the rationale behind that? o.o

10. Robert

Robert Level II

well the rest period is already in there after a restock .. you just set it where you want. I chose 5 minutes in my post just to have a number there. Other than that, I know my friends and I and my guildmates more often than not switch shops when RS'ing legitly if we get a couple real good items or a UB so as to try and diversify our trades, and give others a chance to grab good stuff. I think that would also lessen the freezerate on an account if they nab an uber expensive item while afk instead of them keep RS'ing the same shop. If it is rare enough to net an UB price then why would you stay there constantly refreshing for more good stuff, it will be a while before something else real good pops up. ... that is the argument by some of my guildies anyway :) ..

11. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I RS legitly as well and frequent RS boards, I've never heard that :p You learn something new every day!

12. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Shutdown Option:
    Have the program run shutdown.exe on these options:
    • Sleep, hibernate, or shutdown
    • ...when all processes are finished/stopped.
    • ...at 00:00 PM/AM
    • ...in xx minutes

13. alexander9292

alexander9292 Newbie

But you can open to windows of AU anyway... or more if you want. Can log in using the same account or different accounts and could set it up to work how you mentioned.

14. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

Jellyneo is adding the Est. value (which is also apparently the restock price) to the items database. Is there any way to add this into the list-maker so that a rough profit is calculated to determine which items will actually make a profit based on the restock price rather than just the Est. price?

15. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

or when X items are bought.

16. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Notification when a Neomail is received, or offer on trade. Basically, the allevents page. I don't expect the ability to read it (although that would be freakin sweet!), but knowing about it would be awesome.

17. 3dee

3dee Level III

Would be pretty awesome if it could accept/reject trades as well. An option to use the lab ray as a daily would be nice as well. What I'm really looking forward to though is the attic being a stand alone.

18. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    you CAN use lab ray now.

It's under settings, dailies. It zaps your ACTIVE pet so be sure to set the pet you want zapped as active.

19. 3dee

3dee Level III

Ohhhhh, I've always just gone straight to session configuration. Thanks a lot.