1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto-Maller Program

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Junior, May 2, 2011.

1. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    I have no idea how one of these does not already exist...

But I want one! I'd be willing to pay for a me-only release too if thats what it took!

A program that lets you input a list of items (say books for example). Then will find the LOWEST price on the wiz for that item, then takes an amount (which you choose), off that item. It will then automatically search the shop wiz for that item, and buy it if under that certain price (once you have under a set amount in your shop stock).

Could work along side an Ab'er, which you can use to assist keep your shop stocked.

Does this make sense?

Would be an awesome way maintain a mall.. and if you're already in one of the big named malls, will assist with big profits. Or if you want to start one, will help start that mall.

Anyone else like this idea? Anyone think they can make it?

2. chomps268

chomps268 Level II

Sounds like a USAB to me? Unless I'm missing something here?

3. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I think I could make one...but how useful are these programs to people? If I made one, how many people are actually going to use it more than once or twice?

That's probably my next program (voted by the people) after the Atgloo (Attic-Igloo) buyer XD

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

It IS similiar to a USAB, except instead of only running one item. It has a smart search.

It would know your own shop stock.

Once your shop stock reached say 4 items left (number can be changed by user), it would begin a shop wiz search for that item, and buy anything that it finds under <price>, and stop once you have <X> in stock again.

Would be a great addition to AU actually ;) That way it's all running in one, and no need to login/out of different programs.

There are a few other features I could think of.

I'd use it every day to maintain the mall stock. It's a pain in the ass trying to do it manually..

The program would be pointless to those not in a mall, or not interested in joining a mall.

5. Heya

Heya Level III

Is there any money in in malls still? I looked at the the ads and theres not even any 4 million np ads up... I was thinking of creating a site/gm script combo. The site would be a base place. There you have a database of your items, along with their currrent price, and once a day, you go to the site and it would check the price of everyitem, and give advice on price changes. You could then click apply changes if wanted, sending you to neopets and updating the prices. It would allow you also to watch what items need restocking, and an automated function that would auto restock the shop again would commence. Such a system would allow for competitive prices all of the time, and keep your shop stocked. But my question, is the desire their and if so, how much can you even make off of shops now adays?

6. Mr Awesome

Mr Awesome Level IV

Malls still make np. Just not as much as they used to. This would be a very useful program, although would be more efficient as an actual program and not just in greasemonkey script form.

I'd suggest a program that just loads items from a list with a maximum price per item, searches the wiz for said item at x amount of times, buys and stocks the item for a specified price, then continues down the list, with an auto shop increase function, withdraw from till, withdraw from bank etc

7. Heya

Heya Level III

yea, the only nice thing about gm is time. It takes alot less time to write gm scripts then stand alone programs. But I could write a program to do this. Might have to bust out the java, lol. Its hard to find the time though to write such complicated programs.

8. Mr Awesome

Mr Awesome Level IV

I want to learn to program. Where should I start Heya?

9. Heya

Heya Level III

Um... start to learn a programming language, Like Java, C++, or vb.net. Once you learn the basics, look into http wrappers. Then you'll have to learn to take websties apart and understand what you can really do. Its all very time consuming, but fun and its nice to be able tp create stuff.

10. Heya

Heya Level III

In just one day, I came up with a system I'm about to test on a shop around size 350. Its simply an sql database, and a website to help manage the data. Mean while, a GM script does all the gui and makes the how thing simple. Its as close to legit as possible and I think there will be almost no chance of ice using it. All I have to do is check one page and that page will show an image, the name, my price, and how many I need to buy with a quick link to searching the SW. Super simple, yet i'll never be out of stock again.

11. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Haha awesome! My shop size aint that big... :p