1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bang or God?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lopsk8er, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Do you beleive in the Big Bang or God?

1. Big Bang

59 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

I don't know I think something had to start the big bang so I belive that God made the universe

2. Osiris

Osiris Level I

I believe in God and I also believe in big bang. Nothing is impossible with God and as far as big bang theory neither is that impossible for God. I mean I personally believe He created the universe with a big bang. Maybe even exactly as explained in the Big Bang Theory. But you realize how even today after so very long it is still to this day called a Theory and not The Big Bang Fact. God on the other hand can be all in the same . Allah,God,Christ,etc.... And in any of those roles for any religion be it Christian, Judaism, Muslim, Greater Being of Wicca or druidism or AA, That individual is still the Ultimate being that could have created the universe with a big bang.

3. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

Finally Blaaatz, something i can finally agree on with you. (thumbs up) good post

4. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

big bang ! but the creation of the world is mysterious !

5. xpower

xpower Level I

I believe in god as I am Christian. Everything makes sense if you go by the bible

6. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

about the earth blowing up and its rotation etc on the first page or 2: earth has its cycle or orbit. it is held in orbit because of many factors like its size. regardless of how far from the sun we are, in our current orbit we won't burn up...we haven't yet. the thing is, our orbit works because of our relative size, shape and position. what people were saying was, if earth was say, a few hundred feet off from where it is now, or a little bit bigger, we wouldn't have our orbit because the measurments would be messed uo and we might burn up or float away or whatever would happen, i'm no scientist. the earth has a complex system that keeps us alive and allows us to live, but if these measurments where off slightly in its creation, we wouldn't be a live because it wouldn't work. basically the point is...how did earth become such a perfect complex system so that it could work as good as it does?

about the bible explaining stuff: it was proven that the bible was written by 5 different people at different times. people lie. people want to be famous. people want to control other people and have power. the bible, for all you know, can be an ingenious scam to control people; "hey if u kill someone you'll go to hell"...now people don't kill. obviously these days it's a little different, but you get the picture.

occupied's religious parents: religious people of a high degree of intellegnce, went into science and changed their minds about religion. this is a good example of intellegent open minded people changing their stance on the issue.

scientists were wrong about the earth being flat: i can list some things scientists were right about...does that mean scientists CAN'T be wrong?
    no...it works both ways.

"I don't think you'd have seen Jesus on a crusade in the middle ages. don't judge the believe from what people do, they'll let you down almost every time."

why did god create us like that? always doing the wrong thing...why were we created like that?

"cant expect monks from 2000 years ago to be smart :p"

you can't say people of the past weren't smart...they just didn't have the knowledge of things that we do now. they were intellegent and were discovering new things all the time, we even use THEIR discoveries to help us. people in the future might laugh at us and say "wow i can't believe it took them 50 years to solve 'global warming', that was so simple." doesn't mean we're not smart right now...there will always be intellegent people and people that are not so intellegent, its just our resources and knowledge are much greater know so it might seem like we are smarter, but really, we are not.

"creatures on the bottoms of the ocean don't need water to survive"

that may or may not be true, i don't know, but you can't say there is no oxygen at the bottom of the ocean. Water = H2O. What is H20?

7. lyrikaluzi

lyrikaluzi Level II

well i find it pretty hard to believe one person could make a whole universe..but its also hard to believe the big bang....so no one can really say anthing..it will never be proven that anyone goes to heaven or anything..so this wil be a topic going on forever and ever

8. fz

fz Level I

Nobody knows the truth about the forming of Earth or the Universe. Even though there might be evidences pointing to the forming of Earth via Big Bang, it is not substantial. I think it should base on your own belief.

9. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

I believe in god, I think it is highly doubtful that humans were evolved from monkeys.

10. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

I'm the opposite. And people have problems with the Big Bang theory because they can't believe something so complex as the earth/animals etc came from an "accident" but how is god any less farfetched?

And another thing. Out of all the religions of the world, let's say for arguments sake that one is right, that their god does exist and their bible (or equivalent) is correct. How many religions is that and only 1 can be right. This means that the majority of the world that is religious is wrong. Who says that your religion is the right one?

11. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

Well, in the Bible, it states that all people who never knew about the right religion (Jehovah Witness) will not suffer but have a chance at immortal life. But those who deny it will die just like the rest.

12. fatholm

fatholm Level II

god... end of discusion... jk jk but yeah god.

13. areo64

areo64 Level II

i am more inclined towards the big bang. to those who say that the earth is too perfect a system to happen by chance - imagine how many hundreds of billions of stars there are in the universe. if all of them have even a single planet in orbit the sheer number of random formations makes something like earth seem much more probable.

14. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

That's true, it's all probability and the chances are great because of the vast size of the universe.

15. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

My dad says that god is the right way and big bang is wrong I think I include both

16. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Has your dad ever been wrong before?

17. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

this post was never here...

18. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Well my brother said that, the funny thing is he's more right than you. When earth was first created there was no oxygen, it was made by plants through photosynthesis. WHat they do is split water since they need its electrons to carry photosynthetic energy, i'm not gonna explain that anymore. Second of all nearly all multi-cellular organisms including fish need oxygen because of its high electronegativity, its the final acceptor in the ETC in anything that undergoes respiration. So please dont try and shoot someone down when you dont know what your talking about.

19. Kazogroth

Kazogroth Newbie

Gotta be the work of some kind of godly being - its like saying the universe came out of nothing if it wasn't...

Like trying to make £10 appear in your wallet.

20. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

I've gone over this... if the universe cannot come from nothing then neither can this "God"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.