1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bang or God?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lopsk8er, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Do you beleive in the Big Bang or God?

1. Big Bang

59 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matasakeki

matasakeki Level I

I hated astronomy. I hated the class, my teacher, the lectures. Nothing in asstronomy is completely confirmed, yet the bible doesn't have anything false. God created the universe. I will never believe such scientific nonsense like astronomy.

2. Gil

Gil Level II

So you choose to ignore modern scientific thought, for a thousand year old text that has been changed throughout the years for the political gain of various religions and political groups ?

Im a big bang guy at the moment. Or at least a non deity created universe. As there is nothing else that satisfactorily gives an explanation.

3. xathanite

xathanite Level I

There are so many arguments to prove there is no God, and I choose to believe them. I don't believe the world was created in either a big bang, or by God. I believe in evolution...from like little tiny spores, and moss and such :D

4. baldudexx

baldudexx Level III

Yes, bigfoot is pushing it but we are 98% related to the chimpanzee, only 2% is what makes us Human.

5. 1522

1522 Level II

I'm not a religious sort, but a scientific geek, shall you say, and I strongly believe the theories of the big bang with the supporting evidence, everything need to start some where.

6. Smirnoff

Smirnoff Level IV

Neither God, nor the Big Bang. Were are the alternate choices?

7. Smirnoff

Smirnoff Level IV

In the defence of religion fantaics here, A few people have said things like "believing a god did it is the lazy way of understanding how life began"

Umm... The Big bang, how much more basic and primal can you get? Everything came in the form of a small ball of matter, from an unknown place?

A lot of people here would have said the Big Bang, purely because they do not believe in God, despite the numerous and many flaws in the Big Bang theory.

8. antikitra

antikitra Level IV

Our placing is WAY to ironic to be created by something as messy as a big bang.

Personally, i belive that it was created by an otherwordly force unlike our own. But not just God you know. I meanm what spawned our evil as it is today? Lead into evil? Satan of course.

Satan and God were our founders. They co-existed to create a balanced world.

9. saintdog

saintdog Level II

The big bang just seems more..realistic....lol

10. leezy

leezy Level II

true, im gonna go with big bang. im not sayin i dont believe in God. im just saying that the universe and space interests me so much and i read so much on it. that the big bang is the only think that really makes sense

11. areo64

areo64 Level II

But then, we also share about 50-60% of our dna with a lot of plant species, too.

12. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Yeah DNA just codes for proteins and a lot of the fundamental proteins of life are the same. Plus most of DNA is useless.

13. slayerzoro

slayerzoro Level II

Should there not be a third option that is a blend of both? Because the big bang occurred with the gases that were compiled in space when they combusted and all that happened and they're traced it to like the 10^-3457345 whatever second but they have not traced the big bang to the original point of explosion therefore so they didn't know where the "spark" came from to blow up all the gases or whatever and that's where the belief in God comes in so there would be no big bang without God right? Yeah...I forgot a lot of the stuff so I might sound retarded on the topic but yeah...>.>

14. Ryan

Ryan Level II

"At first there was nothing, eventually there was so much nothing that it all blew up"
    Douglas Adam on the Big Bang

That said, I do believe in the big bang. God doesn't make any sense to me.

15. muro

muro Level II

I voted for Big Bang. I used to passionately study astronomy and the Big Bang theory still seems like the most accurate one. But many studies show that there are a few flaws in it, and some god-like 'accidents' or extra energy were actually needed to make the current universe. I am an agnostic so a mixture of those options seems like the best choice ^^

16. mckrazy

mckrazy Level III

nither.
    the world doesnt exist we dont exist.
    its all in our heads

17. areo64

areo64 Level II

If we don't exist, then neither do our heads, and the heads have to exist before they can create reality within themselves.

Descartes is so passé :p

18. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

You know there are neurons in your head that activate everytime you have a thought, their job is to tell you that your thought is not real....that it is just a thoought. Evoluntarily this makes sense since if we did not have this everytime an animal would think of a predator it would believe it was real and run away. However these neurons seem to shutdown when you sleep, this is why any thought seems to be real while you sleep. ANd if you die in a dream you die in real life, which is what happens with patients in a coma. According to that, there is no way to prove that "this" isn't a dream and that what i'm writing right now wasn't just something that your subconcious came up with and decided to post up infront of you. Interesting eh.... :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.