1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think it's possible to have "dumb" teachers? :P

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WildSnorlax, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphne

Daphne Level I

I have a teacher who know everything from here textbooks, but if you ask here something esle, so always first had to look it op :)

2. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Level III

Wow what a good question, but I don't think its a dumb or stupid factor i think depending on the situation it can be more the one thing, could be the teacher doesn't care, makes more then the average mistakes, maybe new to teaching like fresh out of school themselves or not long out, maybe just not well with the students. As much as I would love to call some of my old teachers stupid because of the stupid things they did or dumb for that matter I don't think they are. Conclusion they are not dumb just do dumb things sometimes lol

3. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

One of my teachers has all the certificates possible ( okay, a bit exaggerated but you get the point, he really has a ton ), yet he's the worst teacher I've ever had. Pretty much everyone in our class fails the tests, and he'd have been fired already if they'd have anyone to take his job.

And some teachers are just plain dumb. For example, I'm better at English than my English teacher. Which annoys both her and me, because she thinks I'm just trying to act all smart, and I'm annoyed because I don't learn anything useful.

4. daFalco

daFalco Level III

Yes. Oh my god, I'm not going to say anything outright, but one of my teachers cannot teach, but he thinks he does teach it..

5. lolcow

lolcow Level III

Most of the time, it's a case of a teacher teaching in a way that isn't suited for a particular student. It doesn't make the teacher "dumb," it just makes that teacher inappropriate for that student.

lrn2selfstudy. It'll help in the long run

6. Raito

Raito Level I

Obviously. I mean, aren't there dumb people anywhere on earth ?

7. daFalco

daFalco Level III

No, there are none <_<

8. rusty19

rusty19 Level I

Extremely possible xD Well, I use to have a teacher that was so into their own routine for them, that the class hardly learnt anything. It did not help that she couldnt speak English correctly... but she was a nice lady if not a little fast explaining things x3

9. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

One of my middle school teachers a while back had been a zoo trainer before she came to teach math o_o

Also, a highschool chem teacher was dyslexic AND didn't even have a degree in chemistry o_O!?! Lol and I went to one of the top 100 public schools in the states too >_>

10. ry_thebasketballguy

i think that there are obviously a lot of dumb teachers.
    my sister had a teacher who didn't teach them anything. isn't the point of being a teacher is to teach?

11. KillaVixen

KillaVixen Level II

Yes it is very possible my world history teacher was very stupid he studdered no one listened to him. Plus these dudes were drinking in class (beer) and he didnt even know it and the dude sat right beside his desk...sadly he was fired before he worked there even one single year :lol:

12. toolegit

toolegit Newbie

my math teacher was retarded.
    he was super rich but couldnt teach a thing

13. Patty

Patty Level III

my ap us history went to georgetown, but she didn't teach us crap. i thought she would be a good teacher

14. janellelouis

janellelouis Level I

It's very possible... Some of the teachers here only read books when teaching so I don't listen to most of them >_>

15. Wings

Wings Level III

I dont think we can have a dumb teacher, but we can have a teacher who has difficulties explaining his things easily so its always hard for it's students to understand him

16. Lexicon

Lexicon Level I

There is a very old saying that goes: Those who can't do teach. I don't know how it is where you are but in Canada teaching is usually a last option for most people.

17. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

Oy vey dude whoever taught you how to spell should be fired half of the words you mispelled didn't even make the words shorter but in fact longer. Lol but no hard feelings just wanted to point out that you mustve gad a dumb English teacher in mddle school xD

18. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

Go to franklin Ohio and check out the school teachers there and in the surrounding towns, not the smartest people ever. I would constantly just wonder around during lunch when i was in school and no one would even bother me even though its in the rule book that we couldnt do that, no one even cared there

19. Airuku

Airuku Level I

I know a view people outside of school that happen to be teachers and they're not all that bright, so I guess my answer's yes. One of my friends is in the process of obtaining a teaching degree and she's slow sometimes as well. I've also seen a lot of teachers do really dumb things and make obvious mistakes, so I don't really see there being much going for the "all teachers are smart" side of things. If they were smart they'd get a better paying job.

20. Frozshtaliar

Frozshtaliar Level II

I have had way too many teacher that had no clue what they were talking about and I had to end up explaining certain subject to them. Yes its very possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.