1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think it's possible to have "dumb" teachers? :P

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WildSnorlax, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

This year, my math teacher was retarded. People were playing games in her classroom, and she always gave us like 1+1 worksheets in 6th grade. She thought that was how other people learn math. Learning 1+1 in blocks :)

(equals 11 btw)

2. Bankai

Bankai Level I

Yeah. it's possible. One time in my school, in clifton park, ny, this kid stuffed another kid's head into a bucket of potatoes(mashed, of course, no, i don't know how he got it.) and i stood by a teacher when they said 2 things.

1.)Wait, is that old milk?

and

2.)I'd hate to have that happen to me. *Walks away out of cafeteria*

I'm sure also adding the fact that kids in the class got questions on tests right and the teachers thought another answer was correct, then got corrected by students, and humiliated. lawl.

3. Boots

Boots Level I

Oh yes! I have a teacher that just site there most of the lesson and tells us to copy the textbook and talk to ech other about it!!!

4. linkin45

linkin45 Level I

there are so many dumb teachers just in my school. One of my former computer teachers just read from the textbook, and he didnt care if we played games the whole class. my business teacher thinks shes so smart, but turns out she only gets stuff from google

5. juvenile

juvenile Level II

i'm not sure about a dumb teacher .. but there are tons of teachers who just CANT teach.
    they might understand it themselves, but having them teach it to someone else is one thing they can't succeed in, which makes their whole career pointless & a waste of time if you're their student.
    my math teacher couldn't teach ANYTHING. 5 out of 21 kids passed her class.
    i'm taking the same class in summer school atm & i understand everything PERFECTLY.
    it's so crazy.

6. trewoiu

trewoiu Level I

sure it is, i've one :)

7. cooldude1234

cooldude1234 Level I

Lol, I've never thought that dumb teachers existed...
    Until this year
    After 1/2 a year, the teacher still didn't know the names of 90% of the students in the class.
    Everytime we had a project, he would forget about it.
    Our test often had the same essay topic as the test before.
    Well... yeah I'm sure you can conclude how "great" of a teacher this guy was lol

8. Jane

Jane Level IV

Of course, maybe not at my school but yes, they're out there. xD

9. piggybepink

piggybepink Level II

Though I've never actually been taught by one, I'm sure they exist. I did have one teacher who seemed 'dumb', though. She proved me completely wrong when she helped improve my writing skills. Heh.

10. cozetta

cozetta Level I

YES
    o my gosh i've had someone like that about 3 times in my life.
    one didn't actually have a teaching degree.
    it was terrible.

11. btr3s

btr3s Level II

Dumb teachers, no.
    Lazy teachers, yes.

12. Synidaeum

Synidaeum Level I

I had a teacher who was supposed to cover ancient civilizations. Instead, she made it into a religion class, basically. It was incredibly messed up. I dropped the class. College ftw <3

I've had smart teachers who sucked at teaching and came off dumb because of it, and I've had lazy teachers. Nobody who I would out-and-out say is stupid though.

13. flatman

flatman Level I

Haha yes its possible, you also get a few dummies in the work place aswel

14. Vanessa

Vanessa Level I

I have an English teacher who only learnt how to speak English four years ago by book?
    Yeah you can imagine how bad that is >_<
    He always misspells things and asks his students for the correct spelling and doesn't pronounce words properly..
    And he has the strongest Vietnamese accent so half the time nobody understands what he's saying..
    Urghh.. We're the ones teaching him English.

There's an IT teacher at our school.. Either lazy or dumb, I dunno.
    Kids never do anything in her class, she gives them lollipops and let's them play CS all lesson..
    And you can wag her class so easily, all you have to do is turn up at the start and tell her you're needed in another class and she'll mark you present.
    And this is in like a senior year in Australia..
    My school is so corrupt.

15. crimson

crimson Level I

Yup definitely, and lazy teachers too. =[

16. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

Very very very easily, the requirements at least in New Zealand are pretty low and some don't have a clue what they're doing. Of course that is is not to say all dumb teachers are bad teachers, really smart people are not necessarily good teachers. Along the same line you can have very very very dumb university graduates lol. Courses in this country have become some ridiculously rote, its horrible how little independent thought or creativity is required in the average course.

17. Raider

Raider Level II

I believe it is definately possible. Ive seen it. Teachers that dont have a clue= students that dont have a clue. Thats bad o_O

18. draze

draze Level II

Anything is possible, there are a lot of people in this world, and they all can't be smart..

The way a lot of people (I'm not necessarily excluding myself here :) ) mix up pronouns and just butcher the English language in general makes me wonder, not IF we have stupid teachers, but how many...

I mean, I know the English language is complicated because of all the exceptions and such, but some people really struggle, and I can't say it's necessarily their fault, they may not have been taught well enough.

19. eloisesa

eloisesa Level II

i definaatly think that but i think the main reason for that is beacuse they are boring and dont use their imagination enough or maybe just because their scared that if they do some thing different the students wount cooperate or some thing

20. draze

draze Level II

Speaking of dumb teachers, I ran into one today... ... ... he said "ouch!"...

No, seriously, I thought I would share a personal experience I had with a "dumb" teacher... In high school, I actually had a teacher ask me to help turn on a computer... I pushed the button on the front, and turned around... The teacher said, "that was it!?"... Yep, it's THAT simple... Well, this teacher had a computer at home aparently, but didn't know how to use it either, it was their spouses... I spent a lot of time teaching the teacher how to use a computer and nothing EVER stuck in their head...

Well, i guess technically this isn't stupidity as much as ignorance, but still... Shouldn't the teacher be able to at least use word and "turn on the internet." or, as i like to call it, opening up Internet Explorer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.