1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drinking Age - Do You Think Its Right?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by warror135, Aug 31, 2010.

1. lottgre1

lottgre1 Level I

Hell I'm 20 and will sit an casually drink a beer and study at college, I don't know if some teenagers are mature enough not to kill other people by deciding to drive drunk

2. mrr_madeline

mrr_madeline Level I

In my country, the age limit for drinking is 18, but the authorities are a joke and kids drink all the time. Not only that but 14 year-olds get into night clubs all the time. I think 18 is an appropriate age for drinking even tho I started at 16 and pretty much stopped around 18 because I'm a lightweight and I get really sick =P
    The 21 age limit in the US is exaggerated especially since you can drive from 16 and enroll in the army at 18. I think it gives off the idea that alcohol is this fabulous adventure and it only makes kids want it more and they end up drinking in the worst possible circumstances.

3. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Yes, I definitely think there should be a drinking age. When you are young you are still growing quite a lot, and drinking has quite some goddamn hazardous effects on that.

Only downside is that regardless of the drinking age, if someone wants to get their hands on booze is quite easy >.>

4. briannatardiff

briannatardiff Level I

The drinking age in the usa is 21 :( booo ! But i think it should be 18 because if it were 18 it woudnt be such a risk anymore . People would still abuse it as they would anything else. I think if your old enough to be fighting for your country you should be legal to drink.

5. brandon2495

brandon2495 Newbie

I would say that it should be the same age that you are officially considered an adult, in any country. If you are old enough to join the military, get any job, vote, drive, and all other such things that are associated with 'adult' status, then you should be able to partake in any drugs you desire, not only alcohol.

6. lld36

lld36 Level I

I agree that the drinking age is to high at 21 in America. 18 is a good age it is when you are considered an adult for everything else so why is making decisions about alcohol any different?

7. winston_tiu

winston_tiu Newbie

Yes it is, we can't have drunk children running off the streets like monkeys.

8. nichjg

nichjg Newbie

Im 21, which is the legal drinking age here. I think its perfect. Kids under the age still find ways to get alcohol and do stupid things with it such as drive. get to drunk, get sick, etc. Its just a way to sort of make things a bit safer. sort of

9. winston_tiu

winston_tiu Newbie

Definitely, you can't allow the children to drink alcohol. It is bad for them, and imagine a kid getting drunk. You just fucked em up (pardon my language).

10. lena

lena Newbie

I'm in the US, where the drinking age is 21. I find it frustrating and a nuisance and I really dislike it being so high. at college, everyone drinks, so the age is made irrelevant and only comes into play when buying alcohol is necessary. I hate not being able to buy drinks on my own, in restaurants or whatever. I know my limit, and I'm a competent adult who can make decisions. I think that the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen. I think that, if done in the right fashion, it would encourage people to become better educated and more responsible about drinking.