1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Virre, Oct 24, 2007.

1. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

i don't do drugs myself because i simply don't think theyre worth all the money or the risk, but some of my friends do and the worst side effects ive heard them talk about are having rather light wallets.

2. ihateregister22

ihateregister22 Level I

I would never ever try drugs because they pretty much screw your life up. Artificial highs for a few moments, and pay with your life. Just be content with life's pleasures and relish those happy moments. Pretty much the same with smoking too.

3. kelc3949

kelc3949 Level I

Either way I do not like drugs and think they should just stop making them somehow.......

4. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

drugs are the best i smoke weed almost every day so many people do in canada nobody cares

5. CHticker

CHticker Level I

I've always thought marijuana to be harmless. Especially in edible form, no smoking needed. Good times.

Obviously, i have problems with some drugs, like crack and meth and all that. But there's nothing wrong with smoking a bowl every once in a while.

6. Chris

Chris Level II

haha, didn't know this was a legible topic but sure why not, here goes.

Marijuana is givin to patients in hospitals with cancer, and is legal to grow in several states in the US. You just have to have a grower's license for this purpose. It has not been proven to cause cancer, but prevent it, thus becoming less harmful than a cigarette.

Nutmeg, found in the grocery store, is a drug. A perfectly legal one to. However, more than six whole nuts is almost enough to kill you.

LSD is a man-made drug, and other than psychosis, is not a drug that can actually harm you in any other physical sense. If you dont freak out while on it, you can take hundreds and be fine, other than trippin for a very long time.

One thing that concerns me about marijuana though is that a friend of mine tried to join the airforce. Basically, they told him if he had done it more than 15 times, he had permanent brain damage. (However, the DEA does not support this statement made by the United States Airforce, and is just an assumption)

All in all, drugs are bad if they arent used with the right intentions. Also, some people are better off on them, thats what presciptions are for. I wouldn't suggest any be forced into getting high, but try it once if your curious. You may find yourself a more open, and socially acceptable person. And you views on the world will be alot more open.

Alcohol on the other hand has no medical benefits but healing semi-deep wounds, and removing bacteria, yet you digest this freely of your own will. It also causes liver disease. For an alcoholic I would seek another, less damaging drug. What's illegal in one place is likely legal somewhere else.

When it all comes down to it, you either do, or you dont. It's your choice and not anyone elses. Only you know if a drug is a true benefit for you, which some likely are.

7. Arash

Arash Level I

I find it strange that you left out that once you use drugs, you become physically dependent on them, and instead of using them to feel good, you use them to feel normal.

8. Virre

Virre Level IV

I'm guessing you are not familiar with the drugs I say that I have used.
    Marijuana is not particiluary addictive and with both LSD and shrooms you develop a high tolerance, which makes it virtually impossible to become addictive. The doses you must take in order to get the same "high" as the last one is just too big and therefore it's not something you can use alot. Ecstasy is nothing I would do very often, because like acid and shrooms, it is a trip. It's an adventure. And you don't want to go on adventures too much, or else they're not special anymore.
    Also, I have never felt normal when I'm on drugs, and I don't really see how you would take a drug to feel normal. That's the whole thing with drugs, it's a different state of mind.
    The exception is of course nicotine, which messes with your stress level.
    I have never met a person that does drugs to feel normal, but then again I haven't tried every drugs and I don't have any intention to do so either.

9. 777

777 Level I

Drugs are bad..... Really really bad.

10. 777

777 Level I

Even that isn't legal where I'm from

11. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

Drugs are over rated now, people do them not even for the pleasure, it's just for the show. I hate kids who go out saying they do shit and think they are all that. FUCK THEM, and fuck the people who sell the drugs to young people to fuck up their lives and their families.

12. _iceox

_iceox Newbie

mmmm i'm in the army so i cant do drugs, but it think if i wasnt i would be a right smack head lol

13. Dadahl

Dadahl Newbie

People shoudn't use drugs... I can go out, have fun, without drugs or alcohol.
    They just use it to look cooler, "wow i'm high!", but it just look patethic.
    u.ú

14. Virre

Virre Level IV

Because being a crackhead having to sell your body for drugs looks cool?
    Your statement is not true, people have been looking for ways to enter alternative states of mind for ages. You don't feel "cool" when you're on drugs, and you most certainly don't go around telling people that you're high (unless, of course, they too are high :p) because you don't want to get caught.
    It's not about "looing cool" is mostly just about having fun.

15. sinmora

sinmora Level I

Hmm, I think Dadahl is on to something. Maybe at first you do drugs because people you someone know someone that do them and you want to "look cool" in front of them. But when you become addicted, then its another story...

Peer pressure and all that.

Some people do drugs to escape from there problems, some do it to have more fun, and some do it just cause it feels nice. I don't think its worth it to do anything worse than drink beer or smoke weed. Things like crack and meth, those are just dangerous and should be avoided.

16. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

I agree to this, at first it may be the pressure, but in the end you experience things unhumain and you just want to KNOW more.

17. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

all i know is that the U.S Government should LEGALIZE drugs, thats right you heard me :lol:
    not because I am a pot head, oh no that was back then, I'm sober per say.

but the reason why they should legalize it maybe this will cut the percentage of drug dealers, hustlers, in the streets since people can buy it in the stores.

yet, there are plenty of downfalls. I know.

for me, getting high was a way to relieve my stress ... a way to get in the "zone".
    It wasn't because it was cool, i guess the reason why i started is because i was depress :|

but now, i quit for the simple fact i had to look for a job :lol: and they do drug test. that and for other reasons.
    ...and because of me quitting i now smoke jaks (cigs)

18. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

but then more "good" people with think its safe and use it, more addiction (in a way) and then more corruption, then what?

19. Virre

Virre Level IV

I think pjkamelo was talking about weed, not all drugs, since he used the term "pothead".

20. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

:lol: yeah sorry I forgot to put "WEED" in my sentence.

but yeah I think Weed is not a drug, its grown from plants aint it? Weed came from mother nature :) Also, weed is also used from hospitals to diagnose patience who are i think.. cancer patients? Basically, weed is used for patients so they can eat. Since you know after hitting it you get the munchies :p

Dahero, i know legalizing the DRUG FAMILY is going to lead to corruption, but america is already corrupt so why not? Its bad enough we OWE A LOT OF MONEY from different countries, such as China, so we might as well become the drug dealer country :maha:

I heard in the radio, that Americans are only 7% of the worlds population, but we consume 70% of the worlds drugs! COME ON RED WHITE AND BLUE LETS AIM FOR 80% :lol: