1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook or Myspace? --and why?!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by caffler, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incendia

incendia Level I

I never used Facebook enough to know a lot but I like the customization abilities available on Myspace and some of the apps are kind of neat too although the comments from those apps are becoming a *pain* in my rear.... I can't, however, access Myspace through my phone as easy. ;)

My facebook account actually says visit Myspace.... ;)

2. x_frootloops

x_frootloops Newbie

I say facebook. - It's functional. Doesn't leave your personality to all the graphics you can put on your page. It's easy to contact people and read it. It's nice and organized.

As for myspace - it's nice to be able to customize and all but I still like facebook better

3. thebrooder

thebrooder Newbie

Facebook, i think becuase more of my friends are on it and im used to the features

on Myspace some peoples pages are a bit too fluffed up hard to read etc, it gets annoying

4. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

facebook

it's the networking website of choice for college students. and myspace has way too many ads which makes the pages load a lot slower than they should :\

5. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Facebook...I was raised with the notion that My space is for emo tools...also, fb is great for keeping in touch with employees and family members in a relatively adult and sophisticated looking setting. Myspace is too absurd for my taste.

6. Duckied

Duckied Level I

I'd say Facebook. :)

Myspace takes too long to load and Facebook is just more safer and reliable.

7. bobbob

bobbob Level I

facebook is safer :)

8. turato

turato Level III

facebook, simple layout and you can locate things easier. I like it because it has alot more freedom, as someone else said.

9. katherinethetoad

Facebook, because the names on myspace are so weird that you have to look through a person's pictures in order to figure out which friend they are! Frustration.

10. katherinethetoad

But beware of facebook. If you write something or make a movie or whatever and post it on facebook, you're basically giving them creative rights to it... so i've heard.

11. zergses

zergses Level II

i prefer myspace because i've used it longer.. but all of my friends are gradually moving to facebook so im learning.. My issue with it though is that its not nearly as customizable as myspace is, all the pages look the same and it gets kinda boring :p

12. Stop

Stop Level IV

Both, because most of my friends are either on one or another

Please do not gravedig. Read the rules - Commy

13. dolltronic

dolltronic Level I

It used to be Myspace because I couldn't use Facebook but now I don't really use either. I check my Facebook more. They just bore me. I don't care what the people I used to go to school with get upto, who theyre married to and how many kids they have etc.

I just keep them because it's a good way to find out when events are and see photos of nights out and stuff.

14. Armin2008

Armin2008 Newbie

Facebook, in my opinion, because it is safer. Still, my computer takes forever to load the stinking pages

15. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I personally am going to go out on a limb here and say neither. Or maybe that's just because I have no friends... :(

16. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

Haha, poor guy. Facebook for sure 100%. It is for any type of person while Myspace is now associated with music and more and more with the indie/emo/goth/whatever scene. I don't even know how to describe it. Myspace pages can just get so out of hand. Facebook is kind of steering in the same direction but is way better atm imo.

17. marido

marido Newbie

I personally use Facebook as it is a much better and free flowing website
    I used to use Myspace until I found out about Facebook, and now unfortunately Myspace is RIP on my computer

He Will be missed

18. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

That is exactly what I was going to say. Ugh, literally took the words right out of my mouth.

19. woooot

woooot Level II

facebook
    simply because of it's sleeker and clean cut layout.
    also, more people uyse facebook in general
    larger network is a +

20. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

I dont belong to either website, because of the lack of friends thing, and I really dont want anyone that I used to know to find me... But from what I have heard, I think facebook would be better. It does have a better layout, there are interesting games to play, like the vampire one >:) and the last I heard, Myspace is now government owned. Tom(?) The creator sold it to the government some time back for a ridiculous amount of money, so that they could use it as some sort of way to keep tabs on the people. I believe it had something to do with the patriot act if I remember correctly. Anyway, i wouldnt join myspace for that reason alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.